☆ | chapter 18 | ☆

I didn't get the chance to
Feel the world around me

Evie overslept. Again.

Zack left a note on the counter saying he had rugby practice early and didn't want to wake her up at 6am.

Checking her phone, she immediately saw a video of Mr Qureshi punching someone.

"Bloody hell." She said, impressed with his punch. But she felt bad for him, she knew this video going about wouldn't be good for his job.

In her mad rush of getting ready, Evie tripped down the last few stairs.

"Could this day get any better." She mumbled to herself, walking out the door and making her way to school.

"Fuck me. Spoke to soon." She whispered to herself.

Evie was close to the school when she saw Kevin Wilson walking towards her. He hadn't seen her yet. She decided to cross the road to avoid him and luckily for her, he saw her as she did.

"Evie!"

She pretended not to see him and continued walking.

"Evie!" He shouted louder, crossing the road as well.

Thankfully, she reached the schools grounds where she saw Riz hanging around.

"Is he bothering you?" He asked her. "Are you okay?"

"No, I'm fine." Her heart rate quickened. She could feel herself struggling to catch her breath and her chest felt heavy.

"You sure?" He gently asked, watching as tears filled her eyes and her voice trembled. "Come on." He whispered, putting an arm round her and leading her into the school.

As they walked in, they were met by Mr Qureshi, who immediately recognised what was happening and told Riz he'd take her to his office.

"I'm sorry s-sir." She stuttered out sitting down. "I'm sure you have better things you could be doing."

"Stop apologising. I don't have anything better to do, this is important. Remember what I taught you, 5, things you can see..."

Evie started to list them off, slowly feeling a bit better despite being embarrassed.

"Why do you think seeing him triggered your panic attack?" He gently asked after Evie told him what happened.

"He beat me up the other day sir, think it's pretty self explanatory." She chuckled. "I saw the video... I hope you're not in too much bother."

"Don't worry about that, just you focus on yourself." He smiled. "I'm doing boxing with Jordan, I don't know if you're interested, but it might be good for you, take your mind off things."

"Or I could just have a drink." She smirked.

Mr Qureshi rolled his eyes. "I'm gonna have to write that comment down in your file."

"Oh you have a file? I'm flattered." Evie chuckled. "I'll think about it, thanks sir, I appreciate it."

"You really need a better alarm clock." Nas laughed at Evie during break time.

"Or a decent brother who doesn't leave without you." Missy rolled her eyes.

"He had early rugby practice it's not his fault." Evie laughed.

"Do you not help out with the rugby anymore?" Nas asked.

"The agreement was I wouldn't be involved in morning training sessions." Evie smirked.