☆ | chapter 4 | ☆

I had no time to choose, what I chose to do, so go easy on me

Zack woke the next morning on the couch. He stayed up late, hoping his sister would come home. After checking her room, he realised saw that still wasn't home.

Unlocking his phone to call her again he noticed that he had received a text from her during the night.

Oh thank fuck he though.

To Zack
Hey, I'm so sorry for going awol, I promise I'm alright, stayed at Missy's. Won't be in school today, can you say I'm sick or something? see you later x
Evie

He quickly typed a text back telling her to come home before getting himself ready for school.

"Missy!" Zack whispered to the girl in their form class. "How is she?"

"Drank half a bottle of vodka..." She said sympathetically. "Turned up at my door after midnight, she's in a right state now but she'll be okay."

"Zack, can I have a word?" Mr Bell asked once form tutor was over.

"Your sister not in today?" He asked, standing up and leaning against his desk.

"She ain't well sir."

"With a hangover? Only I just heard Missy say she drank half a bottle of vodka."

Zack sighed, running a hand through his hair.

"What's going on lad?" Mr Bell asked, concern evident on his face.

"It's nothing." Zack replied trying to leave.

"Woah, woah, woah." His teacher stopped him. "You're not in trouble alright, I just wanna know what's going on. I wanna help you."

"It's nothing sir, it's fine."

And with that, Zack quickly made his way out of the classroom.

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Evie had just made her way into school at 11am, still feeling sick, but she wanted to at least make an effort. She managed to get passed Lorraine at reception however on her way to class she was distracted by Jordan Wilson.

"Oi, where you going?" She asked.

"Evie!" Jordan hugged the girl after carefully placing his bag on the floor. "Where have ya been? Everyone's been looking for ya! You alright? You don't look too good."

It was true. Evie didn't look her best. Despite wearing a bit of makeup, she was still pale and had dark circles round her eyes.

"Oh thanks!" She sarcastically laughed. "What happened to your face? Was it your Dad?"

"No it weren't him, look it don't matter, I need your help."

He opened his bag and showed her the baby that was sleeping inside.

"Oh for fuck sakes Jordan! He can't be in there!"