☆ | chapter 6 | ☆

You can't deny, how hard I have tried, I changed who I was to put you both first but now I give up

The next day at lunch, Evie and Zack stuck together. They were sat outside away from their friends.

"Not much will change really." Zack said honestly.

"Everything will change Zack!" Evie scolded.

"He's been at University for years Evie, we're used to this."

"No we're not, he only went back last month for the first time since Mum died. We're not used to this." She snapped at him.

"Alright you two?" Mrs Carter asked as she approached the two. The twins nodded in response, quickly making their way back into the school and away from the teacher.

"Who ya texting?" Evie winked at Cory while looking over his shoulder, while they were standing next to their lockers.

"Honestly... I don't know."

"Huh?"

Evie watched as he typed out a text. She shared a confuse glance with her brother and the rest of their group.

'Hope you're not too tired after last night ;)'

She read off Cory's message before he sent it to a random number he appeared to have been texting.

"You what?!" Riz, who was at his own locker, shouted, looking at Cory in disgust.

"I knew it!! Caught on have ya gay boy?"

"Cory what the fuck?" Evie whispered to him.

"You're out of order!" Riz exclaimed, walking over and shoving Cory.

"No, you're out of order." Cory repeated, pushing him back.

"How would you feel if I tried to get your sister into bed?" Riz shot to Zack. "Not that I'd need to try too hard."

Zack didn't even hesitate before launching himself at Riz. This resulted in a scuffle between the two friend groups.

"Woah, woah, woah, woah!" Mr Simpson shouted running down the corridor and standing between Zack and Cory, and Riz as Mr Bell approached too.

"Zack! Calm down!" Mr Bell said quietly to the teen, with a hand on his chest

"What is going on?" He said with more of a harsh tone to the group of boys who were fighting, noticing Evie who was now stood next to her brother and Cory.

Everybody looked at each other and nobody dared to say anything.

"No?" Mr Bell questioned. "Fair enough, you're all on the rugby team."

"Rugby? But sir I'm a footballer!" Cory protested which caused Evie to laugh.

"Well you can both be in isolation if you prefer! Don't worry lads, Evie here is assisting Mr Simpson and myself in coaching."

"She's a footballer too sir!" Cory protested again.

Riz stormed off, hitting a locker on his way.