☆ | chapter 17 | ☆

Go easy on me, baby
I was still a child

The following day, Mr Bell, Mrs Carter and Mr Qureshi had set up a meeting for the Wilson's, so they could have everything in writing before taking it further.

"Evie." Mrs Carter stopped her on her way into school.

"I know I'm late Miss I-"

"No it's not that."

It was then that Evie noticed Mr Bell and Mr Qureshi were stood behind her.

"Another intervention?" She sarcastically asked.

"We just want to check your injuries." Mr Qureshi said as Mrs Carter lead them to her office.

"I didn't even let Cory check so fat chance of you three doing it." She huffed.

"Evie, we just need to make sure you're okay." Mrs Carter put a hand on her shoulder, causing her to flinch.

"I'm fine." She lied, very badly.

"I thought you'd say that." Mrs Carter opened the door to her office. "So I brought reinforcements."

"Swear to god Eve, you're giving me grey hairs!" Missy scolded her.

"Missy!" Evie exclaimed, giving the girl a hug, not caring about the pain it caused her.

"You two can wait out here." Mrs Carter told the two men, closing her door.

"What are you doing back here?" Evie asked her best mate.

"Mrs Carter lured me out the burger van, said you'd been hurt AGAIN!"

Evie rolled her eyes. But Missy just looked at her. "Let's see the damage then!"

"I'm fine."

"Evelyn!" Missy snapped.

"Alright alright!"

Slowly, Evie pulled her shirt up to reveal the dark red and purple bruising that covered her ribs, including the visible footprint shaped bruise.

Missy tried to hide her shock but Mrs Carter gasped.

"Oh my god! Evie, sweetheart." Tears filled her eyes as she looked at the student. "We need to get you looked at."

"No, I ain't going to no hospital." She said, pulling her shirt down.

"Okay, okay." The headteacher replied, not wanting to upset her more. "How about Mr Bell? He's got first aid training."

"Whatever." Evie mumbled, not caring anymore.

Mrs Carter left and soon came back with Mr Bell who had his first aid kit and Mr Qureshi.

"Should get one of these with your name on it Evie." He said, trying to lighten the mood, knowing she didn't want to be here.

Missy laughed and Mrs Carter chuckled. But Evie just fidgeted with the bobble round her wrist.

Again, she pulled her shirt up so only her ribs were visible. His wife warned him it was bad, but the PE teacher was still shocked. He sharply inhaled at the sight in front of him, he could kill Kevin Wilson for this.

"Have you iced this at all?" He gently asked, looking at Evie who refused to meet anyone's eyes. She shook her head.

"Alright, I'll wrap them up, but you should put some ice on them later when you get home."

She slowly nodded as he began to wrap her ribs up gently but tightly.

"Anyways, Mrs Carters convinced me to come back to school Eve."