☆ | chapter 11 | ☆

TRIGGER WARNING
PANIC ATTACK

you can't deny, how hard I have tried
I changed who I was to put you both first

"Evie I think we should go to the hospital." Missy said, giving her friend a worried look. Nas nodded in agreement.

The trio were on their way to school, finally convincing Missy to come back.

"It's a panic attack, I'm not dying." Evie whispered.

"You're struggling to breathe." Nas said, in concern.

"I get them all the time since my Mum died, it's fine." She firmly said.

"You never said nout!" Missy said. "You don't need to keep going through things alone Ev, we're here for ya."

"Come on, we'll go to Mrs Carter." Nas said trying to pull Evie with her towards the school entrance.

"I said it's fine!" She snapped before rushing off into the school.

"We need to tell someone." Missy sighed. "She's been fine all weekend."

After Zack went to Chloe's party, Evie decided to stay with Missy for the weekend and hadn't seen her brother since the rugby match.

"There's Miss Keane!" Nas pointed out the teacher once they'd gotten into school. However she was chatting to Mr Qureshi and Mr Bell.

"Miss Keane!" Missy called. "Can I talk to ya? In private." She eyed the other two teachers.

"Of course, come on to my room." Miss Keane replied and the girls followed.

"It's Evie, I think she needs to go to hospital." Missy said.

"What's happened?" Miss Keane asked, alarm all over her face.

"She was having a panic attack." Nas said. "She told us she's fine, said she's had them since her Mum died, but she was struggling to breathe."

"Where is she? Look, Mr Qureshi is trained for these kind of things, I'll need to tell him, he's the one who'll be able to help best."

"I don't know where she is." Missy sighed.

"I think I have an idea." Nas said, leaving the classroom.

Missy and Miss Keane followed as Nas lead them through a few different corridors and came to a stop in front of a small store room.

It wasn't long ago that Evie had found Nas in the same exact room, upset about telling her Mum that she was gay. Evie missed a couple of lessons just so she could stay with Nas and make sure she was okay.

"Oh Evie love!" Miss Keane exclaimed seeing her student against the wall, her breathing uneven and tears streaming down her face.

"Girls, I need you to go find Mr Qureshi now!" The teacher demanded before crouching down by Evie.

She had never dealt with anything like this before, so she didn't know what to do.