☆ | chapter 24 | ☆

"Ain't this like

"Ain't this like... cheating, sir?" Zack asked Mr Bell the following morning. The two were in school early with the PE teacher giving the young boy a private rugby session.

"Cheating?" He questioned.

"You're like.. giving me special help."

"Nothing wrong with helping one of my favourite students is there?" He laughed.

Mr Bell decided to keep a closer eye on the twins, particularly Zack, who he knew put up a tough front.

"D'ya reckon I can actually impress this mate of yours? For real?"

"Yeah, I do." He smiled, clapping him on the back, telling him to go shower.

The twins had a lot of things in common and unfortunately, self confidence was one thing they both seemed to lack.

"How'd it go?" Mrs Carter approached, watching as Zack ran off to the changing rooms.

"Yeah good, I think he's got a real shot at getting this Mand." Steve smiled.

"And em... if he does get it, what happens to Evie?" She bit her lip.

"I've told him not to worry about that till something actually happens, so I think we should do the same."

"Yeah okay." She smiled. "Period 4 you have free?"

Steve nodded, swallowing hard. "Yeah, I'll be at your office."

He was going to tell her about Evie. He knew she wouldn't put her in a 'looney bin' like Evie thought but he had no idea what her reaction would be.

Meanwhile, Evie strolled into school, stood between Cory and Riz. She told them Zack came in for some English studying but she obviously knew Mr Bell was helping him out with rugby.

"I hate being in a different year." She huffed, knowing she'd have to part ways with her friends. Missy wasn't coming in today, apparently she wasn't feeling well.

"Aww, you love us." Riz grinned, throwing an arm around her and pulling her into his side.

Alya threw daggers at the pair from behind.

Later, Evie was shaken awake. The last thing she remembered was Mr Hyatt talking about some sort of cell membrane. She tiredly rubbed her eyes, looking up at an unimpressed Mrs Carter who stood with her arms folded.

"Snitch." She mumbled, looking at her biology teacher who chuckled, raising his hands in defence.

"Evie.. you can't be falling asleep in class." She had that look of disappointment on her face.