☆ | chapter 19 | ☆

Had no time to choose
What I chose to do

It was Sunday night. Missy and Nas appeared at Evie's door, both of their arms full of DVD's and snacks.

"What's this?" Evie asked from the couch, where she'd been the whole weekend, as her brother let the girls in.

"Movie night!" Missy and Nas smiled in unison.

"And I'm going out, so you don't need to worry about me interfering." Zack laughed.

"You invited my mates over to babysit?"

"No." He sighed. "Im going out because your mates wanted to come over. I'll leave you three to it, be good." He said to them all as he left the house.

Missy and Nas instantly wrapped Evie in a cuddle, squishing her between them both.

"Right, what we watching first? Mamma Mia, Hairspray or Bridesmaids?" Missy asked Evie who cracked a small smile grabbing a DVD.

"Mamma Mia it is!" Nas cheered.

Evie was drinking strictly fizzy drinks only, under her brothers orders and Missy and Nas whipped out popcorn and crisps.

"Look at me nowww, will I ever learn I don't know howww!" The trio sang along with Meryl Streep, laughing as they did so.

They spent the night laughing and singing, watching films and eating snacks. Missy and Nas were happy to see the smile back on Evie's face.

The following morning, Evie walked into school with her brother, Riz and Cory. Zack slung an arm around her shoulder as they walked passed the memorial for Mr Qureshi that was full of flowers and notes.

"Ah the three musketeers." Mr Bell greeted the boys as they walked into school.

"Morning to you too sir." Evie rolled her eyes.

"Yes, good morning Evie." He chuckled. "I just wanted to let you three know, a mate of mine, he's a scout, rugby scout. He's gonna be coming to the game next week. Think some of you could impress him. But where were you two at rugby practice this morning?" He asked Cory and Zack.

Evie raised an eyebrow at them both. "Something came up sir." Cory answered.

Both Evie and Mr Bell scoffed. "You wanna impress this scout, you've got to put the work in alright." He said.

"Cheers sir." Riz grinned, walking off with Evie as Mr Bell held Cory and Zack back.

"Listen you two, if you make an impression on this scout you could get into an academy, this could be great for you both." He smiled at the boys.

Cory's face lit up at the thought but Zack's smile fell.

"You're alright, Cory can have it." He said, starting to walk off.

"Hey, hey, Zack what's that about?" Mr Bell asked, putting a hand on his chest, stopping him from leaving further.

"I can't leave my sister can I? She's lost too much." He shoved passed the teacher and stormed off.