☆ | chapter 2 | ☆

in this silence baby, let me in

"Lopez! You're with me!" Mr Bell exclaimed,  patting the empty seat next to him in the assembly hall.

"How did he get here so quickly?" Evie grumbled to Missy.

"Sorry babe." She laughed taking a seat next to Hayley, leaving Evie sitting between Mr Bell and Zain Younis.

"You in trouble already Evie?" Miss Keane, who was sitting behind Mr Bell, sighed.

"She just had a sleepy start." Mr Bell said before the girl could reply.

"Classes haven't even started yet, impressive." Cory Wilson smirked at her from the seat behind.

Their chat was cut short by the headteacher, Mrs Carter entering the assembly hall and making her way to the stage to start her welcome speech.

"Sir, I think I might fall asleep again." Evie whispered, after what felt like hours, to Mr Bell, who told her to shush but he couldn't help the smile that made its way on to his face at the joke.

"Oh la la!" Zain shouted from the seat next to her, why he shouted it, she had no idea as she wasn't paying attention. But Mr Bell did not look pleased.

Evie noticed a familiar smirk on the face of Jordan Wilson, one she knew all too well.

"Oi, what you smiling for?" Cory whispered to his brother from across the hall but Jordan just smirked in response. Both Evie and Cory silently groaned, knowing the boy was up to something.

And they were right. Jordan had made a rather offensive banner which he hung up outside the school. This resulted in him being excluded for the rest of the day.

Evie who was bunking off English, stupidly walked passed the school reception where she saw Jordan, his Dad and Mr Bell.

"Good afternoon Mr Wilson, you're looking well!" She smiled at the man politely, hoping to calm him down.

She knew how angry he got, especially with Jordan. And right now, he didn't look very joyful. Mr Bell looked on, confused at the girls presence and how she knew Mr Wilson.

"Evie." His face brightened up. "Good to see you too kid, maybe you can keep this one in line ... if they let him back in." He glared at his youngest son.

"I'll try my best." She grinned, waving goodbye to the pair as Jordan was literally dragged out of the school by his Dad.

"Not so fast!" Mr Bell called after Evie as she tried to make a quick get away.

"Yes sir?" She said innocently.

"Don't you have a class to be in?"

"That's where I'm going sir." She said as if it was obvious and quickly scurried away.

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Emma Keane knocked at her friend, Mandy Carter's office door, not knowing that she, her husband and Sadiq Nawaz were arguing inside.

"Sorry.. I can come back.." She said awkwardly knowing she clearly interrupted something.

"No, not at all." Mandy smiled. "These two were just leaving."