☆ | chapter 12 | ☆

but now I give up, go easy on me

Today was the Ackley Bridge College open day. Evie and Zack were helping out with the sporty side of it.

"Just as well you're not an English teacher sir." Evie giggled at Mr Simpson who was holding a sign that said 'Ackley Bridge Collage'.

"Very good Lopez." He laughed back. "Cory and Riz are inside."

The twins went inside, towards the assembly hall where they saw Mrs Carter with some teachers, Riz and Cory. The boys were all wearing their rugby uniform and Evie wore her usual gym hoodie, leggings and trainers that she wore to rugby practice.

"See that." Cory said to Riz, Zack and Evie. "Split up but got to keep it together for the sake of the kids."

Mrs Carter had been distracted by Mr Bell entering the hall.

"What you on about?" Evie asked, her and her brother looked confused while Cory and Riz laughed.

"I don't know why you lot are so interested in your teachers private life, you'd think you'd have more important things to do." Sadiq said to Riz and Cory before walking away.

"He's got a point." Evie giggled, she noticed Alya looked quite upset. "You alright?"

"I'm fine." She replied, walking away to talk to her Dad.

Later, Zack walked into the canteen. Jordan shouting at Candice caught his eye.

"He's not even mine Candice! You're a slag!"

"Fuck sake." Zack whispered before going over and trying to calm Jordan down.

"Jordan come on mate, calm down." He soothed.

"You don't talk to her like that!" Mrs Paracha scolded Jordan.

"It's alright, I'll sort this." Mr Bell said, now coming into the canteen as well.

"Oh you'll sort me will you? It's alright Mr Bell's here."

"Jordan!" Zack snapped.

"Come to Ackley Bridge get taught by hero, Mr Steven Bell!" Jordan said to a bunch of parents.

"Oh fuck me." Evie said now entering the canteen.

"Have I not done enough for you kid?" Mr Bell said to Jordan.

"Oh yeah loads." Jordan said to Mr Bell, before raising his voice to the parents. "Hiding my baby around school, put me on rugby team, absolute star he is."

"Jordan, give it up!" Evie said now walking forward, giving the boy a push. He shoved her back harder.

"Hey!" Zack and Mr Bell exclaimed. Cory who was walking in with Mrs Carter and some parents saw the interaction too.

"What the hell Jordan?" He shouted, anger laced in his voice seeing Jordan push the girl.

"Oh am I making you look stupid in front of your Mrs sir?" Jordan taunted his teacher. "Why do you care? You've split up with her, everyone knows it."

"Get out." Mr Bell said. "Get out of my sight now! I don't wanna see ya!" He yelled.

Evie jumped at the sudden raise of his voice. Her and Zack shared a look before following the Wilson brothers out.