☆ | chapter 13 | ☆

Go easy on me, I was still a child, didn't get the chance to feel the world around me

"When you get married, promise you'll have a disco like this." Missy said to Nas, Evie laughed.

"Stop talking about my wedding!" Nas exclaimed.

The trio were dressed in burka's, drinking cider outside the school where Mr Qureshi's wedding reception was being held. The girls danced along to the music they could hear coming from inside the building.

"Oh my god." Evie whispered looking as she caught sight of something through one of the windows.

"What?" Missy and Nas asked together. They followed Evie's stare and saw Mr Qureshi and Miss Keane kissing.

"Dirty dog." Evie whispered with a laugh. "On his wedding night too."

Mr Qureshi caught sight of the three girls before they rushed off.

"We're finally 16 Zack, no more secrets." Evie smiled at her brother.

"You don't get it Ev." Zack mumbled. The twins were on their way to school, it was the first day after the Christmas holidays. "We might be 16 but we shouldn't really be living alone should we?"

"Don't matter, it's the law that we can." Evie said back before parting ways from her brother to go find her friends.

They turned 16 on Christmas Eve and had a huge party at their house. Although it was cut short after neighbours complained of noise and the police showed up.

"You two alright?" Evie asked Missy and Nas who just got out of Miss Keane's car.

"Mrs Paracha's learning to drive." Missy cringed.

"I see." Evie laughed at them before her attention was taken by Miss Keane running past her.

Jordan Wilson was currently in some altercation with an older man. Zack intervened, shoving the man, who clearly knew Jordan.

"Oh bloody hell." Evie mumbled as Miss Keane sent the man away.

"Evie!" Cory Wilson called, running up to the younger girl.

"We'll catch ya inside." Missy winked at her friend, pulling Nas away with her, leaving Evie alone with Cory.

"Can we talk?" He asked.

Evie and Cory had been friends for years and she'd never seen him the way he was now, he was nervous and visibly anxious.

"About what?"

"You know what Ev." He whispered. "You and me."

"We were both drunk Cory, just leave it." She retorted.

"We have something, you can't tell me you didn't feel anything." He looked hurt, but Evie just rushed off.

She didn't know what to feel. She had too much to deal with without a relationship, never mind one with Cory Wilson.

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

"So how's this gonna work then? You and Naveed?" Missy asked Nas. The pair and Evie were in the school bathrooms.