☆ | chapter 23 | ☆

trigger warning, mentions of self  harm and suicide

self harm and suicide

"NA NA NA NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, HEY JUDE!" Evie and Misy shouted/sang together.

Mr Bell stood in his wife's office watching out of the window as the duo sat on a wall together during break, they shared a pair of headphones as they sang and danced.

Evie was happy, and that worried him, hurting herself must've brought her some sort of relief,

"Oh you're here!" His wife entered her office, following his gaze. "She's just out of isolation."

"Missy?"

"No.. Evie."

"Period 2... she had PE." He frowned. "How did she get kicked out of her favourite lesson?"

"Refused to take part, she told me herself Steve..." Mandy sighed.

"Why would she do that? She's-"

He stopped talking, rubbing a hand over his face, once he realised why Evie refused to take part in PE this morning.

"You know?"

"I've not spoken to her about it yet Mand, I'll talk to you once I've talked to her alright?"

"Okay..." She gave him a small smile. She trusted him. "I won't push it. As long as she's okay?"

"Honestly? I don't know." He shook his head.

It was the second last class of the day and Evie was in English, sat next to Missy of course. The class was noisy, as they chatted about the play they were studying, well... that's what they were meant to be discussing.

Nobody noticed Mr Bell enter the classroom before quietly speaking to Miss Keane. And it was only Evie and Missy that noticed Miss Keane crouch down next to Evie's desk as she spoke to her.

Evie turned to see her favourite teacher, she couldn't read the look on his face but she knew it wasn't good. Gulping, she got up.

"He said to take your stuff Eve." Miss Keane whispered. Evie raised an eyebrow. She'd only been in the class 10 minutes.

"Sir if this is about PE this morning, I'm really sorry." She spoke as she followed after him, not really knowing where they were going.

"Just.. come on." He spoke quietly. He wasn't sure how to go about this conversation. Was he doing the right thing talking to Evie about this alone? Should he have brought Cory or Missy?