☆ | chapter 9 | ☆

So go easy on me

TRIGGER WARNING
MENTION OF RAPE

"Missy you alright?" Evie asked her best friend as they sat down in their form class. The girl had a far away look in her eyes.

"Yeah fine, how you feeling now?"

"Yeah fine." She mimicked her friend who rolled her eyes at her with a small smile.

"Evie, can I have a word?" Mr Bell quietly asked once the bell had gone.

"Fuck me." Evie whispered to Missy who laughed at her.

"You know I would." She winked before leaving the classroom.

"Sir I really need to get going, Miss Keane will-"

"Understand that I wanted to talk to you." He cut her off. "How are you feeling?"

"Absolutely fine sir." She smiled happily, too happy Mr Bell thought.

"You know there's no shame in admitting that you're struggling Evie." He sighed, it was difficult to get her to tell people how she was really feeling.

"I know, but I'm fine. Thanks." She forced a smile before heading to the door.

"And uh... thanks for helping, Missy said you took us to the hospital, I don't remember any of it." She chuckled uneasily. "and for not telling my brother... and Miss Carter."

Mr Bell nodded at the student before she left, sighing as he rubbed a hand over his face.

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Later on, Evie was on her way to Biology when she received a text from Missy asking her to come over straight away.

She instantly knew it must've been serious, so she slipped out of a side door and quickly ran from the school.

"Missy, what is it? What's wrong?" Evie asked, seeing her best friend upset. She was out of breath after running all the way to Missy's house.

"It's Nana." She said, glossy eyed. "She's dead."

Evie's eyes widened in shock and she immediately pulled her friend into a hug.

"We can't tell anyone, they'll take Hayley into care." She cried.

"It's okay, everything will be alright, I promise."

Missy had convinced Evie to go back to school due to her resitting the year, she didn't want her to miss out on more work.

They text Nas to come over and Evie waited till Nas arrived before she left, not wanting her best friend to be alone.

"Where were you last lesson?" Mr Bell appeared next to the girl as she walked into school at the end of lunchtime.

"Stalking. I believe this is called sir." Evie rolled her eyes.

"Very funny. You were bunking off." He replied. "You should be in isolation now."

"I went to get some painkillers that the doctors gave me if you must know, my heads been sore." She retorted feeling guilty for not being honest. Although she wasn't completely lying, she did have a headache. "I was drugged the other day sir."