☆ | chapter 14 | ☆

I had no time to choose, what I chose to do
so go easy, on me

Monday came around too quickly for Evie. She'd spent the night at Missy's on Friday to avoid her brother and teacher.

Zack was awoken to someone banging on the door to their house.

"What the fuck." He whispered to himself, checking the time. It was 7:30 in the morning. He got up, threw on a t-shirt to go with his pyjama bottoms and went to his his sister's room.

"Ev." He whispered shaking the girl awake.

"Hmm." Her eyes were still shut.

"Wake up." He said, shaking her once more when the door went again.

"Oh balifs are here." She mumbled sleepily with a grin on her face.

"It's not funny Ev, come down with me, whoever it is they ain't leaving."

"Fine." She huffed getting up and following her brother down the stairs.

Zack ran to the kitchen grabbing a nearby pot.

"Glad to know I've got you to protect me if this turns out to be a murderer." Evie rolled her eyes, laughing at her brother who glared at her.

"Murderers don't knock!"

The twins opened the door to reveal none other than Mr Bell.

"Aw sir are you taking the piss?" Zack groaned, feeling his head slow down.

"We thought we were gonna get murdered sir." Evie laughed.

Mr Bell shook his head. "Just making sure you two are awake and ready for the school day."

He chuckled at the sight of the Lopez twins, who were wearing the same red checked pyjama bottoms with black t shirts, the only difference was that Zack was holding a pot.

"We didn't plan to wear the same thing." Evie rolled her eyes, knowing what he was laughing at. "It's a twin thing." She said turning around to start getting ready for school.

"I'll see you both in form class!" Mr Bell said before heading off to school himself.

"Oh, look Zack, it's our very own personal alarm clock." Evie loudly said to her brother as they both walked into form. The twins were the first to arrive.

"16 years you've had to put up with her cheek." Mr Bell feigned a sympathetic look to Zack.

"I thought we were cool you and me." Evie mocked her teacher's statement from when he was at her house.

"Very good." Mr Bell laughed. "Is this the earliest you two have been for school?"

"Probably." Evie shrugged.

Zack nodded in agreement. "Since our Mum... yeah."

"Evie!" Missy launched herself on to her smaller best friend as she entered the classroom. "I ain't seen you since Saturday!"

Zack and Mr Bell shared a look, trying not to laugh.

"Missy, it's been a day." Evie chuckled, struggling to breathe in her best friends hold.