Chapter 4

(A picture from left to right is Gandalf, Thorin Oakenshield, Fili, Kili, Dwalin, Balin, Ori, Nori, Dori, Oin, Gloin, Bifur, Bofur, Bombur, Bilbo Baggins, and Brynn!!)

While the tea is steeping in the hot water I walk over to where Gandalf is with Bilbo who's finally became conscious and is sitting in a chair taking deep slow breaths. Entering the room I see Gandalf huff mumbling something about Bilbo as he leaves the room not before thanking me for making tea for Bilbo. Nodding to Gandalf I walk over to Bilbo and crouch down next to him in his chair.

"Here you go, Bilbo." I say softly handing him the cup of tea.

He smiles slightly taking the cup from me. "Thank you Brynn, I appreciate it."

"You're welcome." I smile back. "You doing okay? I know it's lot to take in."

He sighs and sips his tea while staring into nothing getting lost in thought. "I can't go on the adventure."

"And why not?"

"I'm a Baggins of Bag End, and I've never been on adventure what good could I be?" He looks at me.

Smiling softly I gently touch his arm. "Bilbo, don't undermine yourself based on the things you've done in your life, you may never know until you step out that door and go on the adventure. Who knows, maybe there is more to you then you think of yourself."

He stares at me for a moment then looks at his cup. "You think?" He whispers.

"I do, I mean Gandalf chose you."

"But why? I'm just a hobbit, I have no experiences in battles... I'm not much help." He sighs.

"He believes in you, that's why. And sometimes just believing in someone is all they need to realize that they have more to offer then they think." I explain squeezing his arm gently before standing up.

"Thank you." He says quietly.

"You're welcome." I smile.

He takes a deep breath and then stands up putting the cup down on the little table in front of him and wishes me a goodnight heading off somewhere into his house. Sighing I hope he comes on this journey with us. Few minutes later I hear the dwarves start humming which makes me walk over to where they all are. Walking into the room I lean against the door frame as they're all gathered around the fire and start singing.

(I would play the song while reading the lyrics)

Thorin
Far over the Misty Mountains cold
To dungeons deep and caverns old
We must await, ere break of day,
To find our long forgotten gold.

Thorin and company
The pines were roaring on the height,
The winds were moaning in the night.
The fire was red, it flaming spread;
The trees like torches blazed with light.

The wind was on the withered heath,
But in the forest stirred no leaf:
There shadows lay be night or day,
And dark things silent crept beneath.

The wind went on from West to East;
All movement in the forest ceased,
But shrill and harsh across the marsh
Its whistling voices were released.

Farewell we call to hearth and hall!
Though wind may blow and rain may fall,
We must await ere break of day
Far over wood and mountain tall.

Listening to their song I never realize how much they lost in one day and how it's still affecting them to this day. I can't imagine to just lose my home so sudden and to become nothing but wanders. Looking down at the floor I pull myself off the door frame and walk into a different room sitting in the chair thinking about what this journey is going to bring and I know it won't be easy, but I'm up for it.

"You okay?" Gandalf's voice rings through my ears.

Nodding I look up at him. "Yeah, just mentally preparing myself for this journey."

He chuckles as he sits across from me. "My dear Brynn, no amount of preparations can prepare you for this journey... or any journey."

I smile and nod leaning forward placing my elbows on my legs while placing my chin on my hands. "That is very true Gandalf, but it doesn't hurt to think you can."

He smiles and nods before standing up to go see the dwarves. Following Gandalf to where the dwarves are we walk in the room to see them talking.

"We leave first thing tomorrow morning." Thorin says.

"What about Bilbo?" I ask raising an eyebrow.

"What about him?" He glares at me with disgust.

I look over at Gandalf and then back at Thorin. "Won't you need Bilbo since he's your burglar?"

"Pfft! Don't need him, besides he didn't sign the contract so we'll continue without him." He hisses.

Shaking my head I go somewhere else in the room already annoyed with these dwarves at how they're acting and not just towards me but towards Bilbo...shaking my head I sit in a chair and curl up as best I can which is slightly hard since I'm a little too tall for this house. Poor Gandalf. Sighing I rest my head against the back of the chair and close my eyes trying to get some sleep before tomorrow morning.

(Next Day)

Hearing voices I scrunch my face up and shift in my chair which causes me to groan as I'm very uncomfortable. Opening my eyes slowly I sit up while yawning to see the sun peaking into the house from the windows. I wince slightly to eliminate the sun in my eyes. Yawning again I stand up and stretch my limbs making my way to somewhere else in the house to see the dwarves in different rooms cleaning the mess they made last night....I guess.

"Good morning Brynn." Gandalf says entering the room next to the kitchen where I am.

"Morning Gandalf." I say as we both watch the dwarves clean up.

"Sleep alright?" He asks.

Nodding I push my hair back and look over at him. "As best as I can."

He chuckles and nods while shaking his head. "Hobbit houses are very beautiful especially Bilbo's, but it's no place for you and I to be sleeping in."

"Agreed." I say.

"I'm sure Bilbo will appreciate that you guys cleaned up his house, that will be a surprise for him." Gandalf chuckles.

Thorin nods as they all enter the room Gandalf and I are in making sure they have all their stuff.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Alrighty, this chapter is a sweet moment between Bilbo and Brynn, I can see them being good friends in the book. Please comment and vote!!