Chapter 41

Father stands there quietly just staring at him knowing how much he's regretting promising me to release them from his dungeons instead of letting them stay and die. "Who could possible change your mind?" Thorin mumbles still not believing father.

"That would be me." I say as I officially enter the throne room gracefully as they all stare at me in awe and relief.

"Brynn, you're alive." Bofur smiles seeing I'm safe and unharmed.

"We thought you we would never see you again!" Fili and Bilbo say smiling widely. I smile back with a grateful nod happy to know I was very much missed amongst the company.

Looking at Thorin he's glaring at father and then shifts his gaze to me. "How did you change the mind of the king?"

I look over at father who's already looking back at me he gives me a firm nod making me sigh softly. Looking back at Thorin and then at the company I stare at them knowing this is my last time I'll most likely see them. "When I was taken from the dungeons I was brought to King Thranduil. While being in the presence of the king, I managed to convince him to let you guys continue on with your quest." I explain looking at them who are smiling at what I've done.

"Thank you, that means a lot to me and my company." Thorin says with a slight genuinely smile on his face. "Let's go finished this quest." Thorin smiles at his company as they start walking away.

"Aren't you coming Brynn?" Bilbo turns around and asks when he realizes I haven't moved from my spot. The rest of the company also stops and turns around to look at me.

Giving them a sad smile I shake my head no taking a deep breath. "Unfortunately, I will not be joining you. This is your quest now."

Their eyes widen with shock and sadness at the words that has left my mouth. "What!? You're not coming??" Dwalin asks.

"I'm staying here." I explain.

"Brynn, the company needs you." Thorin says as he glares at father.

I smile at his words and walk towards Thorin and his company. "And the Lonely Mountain needs the king to return."

"Why are you staying?" Fili asks sadness evident in his voice.

"It was part of the deal I made with the king." I answer looking at father who looks very annoyed with the dwarves, just wanting them to leave.

"What deal?" Thorin asks bitterly.

"If he released you from the dungeons to let you continue on your quest, then I would stay here in Mirkwood." I explain softly.

"Why would you make that deal?" Kili asks looking at me with sadness in his eyes.

I look over at Kili and then at Thorin and Bilbo since every time I look Kili I picture him and Tariuel's getting comfy together. "So you can reclaim Erebor, Durin's Day is close. You guys are running out of time, and if you want to get into the mountain before it ends. You can't wait any longer." I explain.

They look at each other and nod slowly understanding why I did what I did. "Will we ever see you again?" Bilbo asks upset that I'm leaving.

"I don't think you will." Father says stepping in knowing he wants the filthy dwarves out of his kingdom. "My daughter has already done enough by helping you with your nonsense of a quest and getting you to be released from MY dungeons." He says coldly glaring at them.

"Wait? What? Daughter?" Thorin asks flabbergasted along with everyone else who look between Thranduil and me. "You're his daughter?" He grinds his teeth. "I can't imagine someone loving you enough to have kids." Thorin spits.

Dad grits his teeth glaring at Thorin for the words that left his mouth. "SILENCE! Do not speak to me like that!" He sneers leaning towards Thorin. "I have listened to my daughter about letting you free from the dungeons do not make me change my mind." He snarls leaning back fixing his posture. "Say goodbye to them Brynn, for you will not being seeing them again." He says looking at me as he leaves the throne room with such elegance. Looking back at the dwarves and Bilbo they're eyes are still in shock on the news they just heard.

"Why didn't you mention your father was the king of Mirkwood?" Thorin asks furrowing his brows in slight anger.

"You really think I would tell you Thorin Oakenshield? If either Gandalf or I told you who my father was you would have killed me on the spot and wouldn't want my help even more than you did when we first met." I explain. Thorin stares at me opening his mouth to say something, but shuts it knowing I'm right.

"I can't believe we had a princess in our company this whole time....that's fantastic!" Kili smiles widely at me. I smile back slightly and then look at the company taking in the last few moments we have together knowing they need to leave soon. Walking towards Thorin I bend down and grab his shoulders.

"Go, go finish your quest and restore Erebor to its fully glory and become king under the mountain." I smile at Thorin.

"What if I fail? What if I fall under the sickness that lies upon the gold the dragon sleeps on." He whispers feeling doubt in his body.

"Then remember why you are doing this Thorin, you are doing this for your people. To give your people their home that was stolen from them and to be the king they need. Do not let the sickness of the gold and the king's jewel take over the real reason you started this journey. You have it in you Thorin to fulfill the prophecy and become king just keep your focus on what's important your kin having their home back." I smile at him giving his shoulders squeeze gently.

"Thank you Brynn, that means the everything to me." He smiles.

Nodding I let go of him and walk over to Bilbo to see him looking nervous. "I don't want you to stay." He whispers looking at me.

"I don't either, but it has to be done Bilbo." I smile crouching down so I can talk to him.

"I can't do this without you, I need you by my side Brynn."

"You can do this Bilbo, I believe you and I always have. You may not see it, but throughout this journey you've changed. You've become braver and braver with everyday." I smile hugging Bilbo. He hugs back tightly not knowing if we'll see each other again and I hope we do I really do. "As long as you have this I will always be with you Master Baggins." I say placing my necklace in his hand with a smile.

"Thank you." He smiles putting around his neck to keep it safe.

(The necklace Brynn gives Bilbo!!)

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
The dwarves are heading out to finish what they started!! Brynn truly is the best to ever live willing to stay to let them free and encouraging Bilbo and Thorin in a time they feel like they won't succeed!! Please comment and vote!!