Chapter 10

(A picture of Fili and Brynn!!)

Bofur nods and takes the bowl bringing it back over to where the rest of the bowls are stacked.

"Uncle! Trolls! Trolls!" Fili and Kili shout coming out of the trees with a worried expression.

"What do you mean trolls??!" Thorin asks walking over to his nephews.

"We heard noises, so Kili, Bilbo, and I went to go investigate." Fili starts.

"And we find out there is three trolls." Kili interjects pointing in the direction of where they are. "And unfortunately we also found out they got some of our ponies."

"Bilbo is trying to release them, but he might have gotten caught and could be in trouble." Fili finishes for Kili. "As he hasn't returned with the ponies."

"Let's go." Thorin says as he grabs his sword.

Standing up quickly I grab my bow and daggers while everyone else grabs their weapon.

"Fili, Kili, lead the way." Thorin says.

Following Fili and Kili to where the trolls are we hear their obnoxious voices.

"Are there anymore of you burglar hobbits out there?" One of the trolls asks while we all wait behind the trees out of sight and just listen.

"No." Bilbo simply answers while struggling.

"He's lying." Another troll says.

"No, I'm not!" Bilbo quickly says.

"Hold his toes over the fire. Make him squeal." The same one says.

Before the trolls can do anything Kili runs out and slashes the closest troll to him twice in the legs making the troll squeal instead.

"Drop him!" Kili shouts.

"You what?" The troll holding Bilbo asks.

"I said, drop him." Kili repeats.

The troll looks at Kili and then tosses Bilbo at him causing both of them to stumble backwards as Kili catches Bilbo. "Bilbo!" Kili says relieved.

Standing up from my squatting position I'm the first one to run out. Passing Bilbo and Kili I slash one of the trolls with my daggers as the other dwarves come in yelling and start attacking them as-well. Backing away from the one troll who's trying to grab me I jump on to his and running up it and getting towards his head hitting his eye with my dagger causing him to scream in pain as I jump off him and land next to Ori who's using his sling shot to hit them with rocks.

Moving out of the way as one slams his hand down near me I stab the hand and he yanks it away shaking it shouting ow over and over again. Ducking as he swings his hand at me I roll away as I land next to Fili, who's getting ready to attack, but we all stop when we see the trolls holding Bilbo by his hands and feet stretching the poor hobbit slightly.

"No!" Thorin says pulling Kili back so he doesn't attack or get Bilbo killed. 

"Lay down your arms! Or we'll rip his off!" The troll growls.

Bilbo looks at us with a look I cannot read. Maybe he's scared....that could be an option. Staying quiet everyone looks at Thorin waiting for him to do something, but he just stands there deciding what his pitons options are. Looking at Thorin I shake my head and I'm the first one to do anything and I drop my bows and my arrows along with my daggers. Soon Thorin and everyone else throw their weapons on the ground giving in to the trolls demands.

"Sack them up." Another trolls says as he's already sacking up Bilbo.

Two of the trolls come over to us and grab us tying some of us in sacks and tying us on a spit. After I'm tied in a sack I get thrown against Kili who groans from the impact of my body and I wince. Some time passes and the trolls are now talking about how they should cook us while turning some of the dwarves over the fire.

"Don't bother cooking 'em! Let's just sit on 'em and squash 'em into jelly!" Troll one says getting impatient.

"They should be sautéed and grilled with a sprinkle of sage." Troll two snickers turning the dwarves a little faster and then slowing down.

"Oh, that does sound quite nice." Troll three says licking his disgusting dry lips and then sneezes.

"Never mind the seasoning, we ain't got all night! Dawn ain't far away, let's get a move on! I don't fancy been turned to stone." Troll one complains.

Feeling Bilbo shift slightly he nudges me which ends up me jolting slightly. Looking over at him I raise an eyebrow. "What?" I whisper.

"I have a plan." He whispers back.

I raise my other eyebrow. "You do? What's the plan?" I ask quietly.

"The troll said, 'he doesn't fancy being turned into stone', so I'm gonna try and by us some time by distracting them until the sun rises over the rocks." He explains.

"Which will turn them into stone." I finish his thought.

He nods and moves away as he goes and proceeds with his plan since we are losing time before we get eaten.

"Wait! You are making a terrible mistake." He says standing up in the sack and hopping towards the trolls.

"You can't reason with them, they're half-wits!." Dori says from the spit

"Half-wits? What does that make us?" Bofur shouts.

"I meant with the...uh, with the...with the seasoning." Bilbo explains.

"What about the seasoning?" Troll two asks narrowing his eyes.

"Well, have you smelt them? You're gonna need something stronger than sage before you plate this lot up!" He says.

The dwarves look at Bilbo with shock in evident at the words he just said to them.

"What do you know about cooking dwarf?" Troll one asks.

"Shut up, and let the...uh, flurgerburbur-hobbit talk." Troll two says intrigued by what Bilbo said.

"Uh...the-the secret to cooking dwarf, is um..." Bilbo trails off trying to find the right words.

"Yes? Come on." Troll two says getting annoyed.

"It's, uh..." Bilbo says trying to think of anything.

Come on Bilbo I know you'll think of something.

"Tell us the secret!" The nasty troll roars out of annoyance.

"Ye-yes, I'm telling you. The secret is...to..." Bilbo trials off again.

"Skin them first!" I shout from where I am looking at Bilbo hoping he catches on to what I said.

The dwarves widen the eyes at the words I said about skinning them.

"Yes! You need to skin them first." Bilbo plays on catching what I was doing.

"Tom, get me filleting knife." Troll two says.

"What a load of rubbish! I've eaten plenty with their skins on. Scoff 'em I say, boots and all!" Troll one shouts.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Well that seems like a big pickle to be in. I hope Bilbo's plan works so they can escape the trolls unburned and not skinned! And wow!! Double digits!! Yess the book has reached double digits! Crazy!! Please comment and vote!!