Chapter 20

(A picture of Thorin Oakenshield, Fili, Kili, and Brynn!!)

"Everyone start packing up." Thorin says and even looks over at me. "We meet you at the entrance will we not?"

I nod and stand up taking a deep breath. "Yes, I will see you all at the entrance."

Leaving the room I head back to Lindir's chamber hoping we would have been staying here longer. Sighing I arrive to his chamber and open the door knowing he won't be here as he'll be helping with Lord Elrond. Calming my breathing down I stare at Lindir's room with a small smile knowing how much I'll miss being with him. This time I won't even get to say goodbye to him. Wiping a tear that I feel about to fall I take a deep breath and sit on his bed staring at where my bow, arrows, and daggers are. Thinking if I'm going to continue with the journey or stay here with Lindir. I don't want to leave Lindir again....but Bilbo, I need to go. I need to go for Bilbo and I promise Gandalf I will help out with the quest....I will not go back on my word.

Standing up I push my hair back and grab my daggers, bow, and arrows putting them on my back. Going over to Lindir's desk I open a drawer and see paper which I take out and write a goodbye letter to Lindir apologizing that I couldn't say goodbye to him in person, along with thanking him for his never ending kindness towards me and how I hope to see him at the end of the journey. Placing the written note on his bed I leave his chamber going to the entrance to meet up with the rest of everyone. Arriving I see the dwarves and Bilbo standing there presumably waiting for me. Standing next to Gloin we all wait for Thorin to give us the go on leaving Rivendell. After a few seconds Thorin starts leading the way to leave Rivendell making our way up to the Misty Mountains. Making our way to the mountain I end up in the middle behind Kili. While we're walking Thorin turns around seeing Bilbo looking back at Rivendell.

"Master Baggins. I suggest you keep up." Thorin says.

Bilbo nods and continues walking up the path with everyone else. After a few hours of traveling we finally make it up the path of the mountain, but unfortunately luck wasn't on our side as a fierce thunderstorm rages over us making the already narrow mountain path slippery. Carefully walking a piece of mountain under Bilbo's foot gives out causing him to start falling to which Dwalin grabs Bilbo by the collar pulling him back before it is too late. The rain starts getting heavier making it almost impossible to see ahead of us making this journey harder. "We must find shelter!" Thorin shouts over the heavy rain.

"Watch out!" Dwalin shouts as a huge boulder is being thrown above our heads making us all cover our heads as falling pieces of rock fall over us.

"This is no thunderstorm! It's a thunder battle! Look!" Balin shouts as he points to the stone giant that is standing up making its way towards us.

Our eyes widen as behind us another stone giant comes over and punches the one in front of us. Trying to keep moving a third stone giant comes and knocks the one in front of us its head off making it fall. Causing a break in the mountain forcing us to spilt up into two group and the one stone giant slams into the other group causing Thorin to yell out. "No! No! Kili!"

Soon the rocks falls to the chasm and no one's there but thankfully Balin shouts out that they are okay. Sighing a relief we see them coming over to us, but Bofur stops looking around worried.

"Where's Bilbo? Where's the Hobbit?" Bofur asks.

"There!" Ori shouts pointing downwards.

"Get him!" Dwalin shouts.

We see Bilbo hanging on for dear life trying not to fall to his death. Immediately I jump down grabbing onto the rock and grabbing Bilbo by the collar and pull him up towards the dwarves. Kili and Dwalin help him as I try to get myself up. Unfortunately everything is slippery and I lose my grip on of the rocks I was holding onto and I have a moment of panic as I try to find another rock that I can grip onto.

"Brynn!" Kili screams leaning over the ledge holding his hand out for me.

Throwing my hand over my head I grab onto Kili's hand since I'll be able to get a grip. Planting my foot in the mountain Kili helps me back up on the narrow path. Breathing heavily I look at Kili with a smile. "Thank you." I breathe out.

He smiles and nods standing up and so do I. "You're welcome."

"I thought we'd lost our burglar." Dwalin breathes out. 

Thorin shakes his head slightly looking at Bilbo with a glare. "He's been lost ever since he left home. He should never have come. He has no place amongst us."

Hearing Thorin say those words I look over at Bilbo unable to process why Thorin is being so harsh on Bilbo. Shaking my head I place my hand on Bilbo's shoulder giving it a gentle squeeze. "Thank you for saving me." Bilbo says quietly.

"Anytime." I smile softly knowing he's hurt by Thorin's word.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Damn I think I want to go back to the calmer happier chapters. And amazing that Brynn was willing to put her life in danger for Bilbo, and glad Kili was willing to jump in and save Brynn that was very kind of her! Also fuck You Thorin!! You need to be kinder to Bilbo! He had no right to say that about Bilbo. Please comment and vote!!