Chapter 18

Smiling I nuzzle my head into his chest as he continues to run his fingers through my hair while also rubbing my back gently. Closing my eyes I pull my arm that's draped around his waist up to his chest rubbing my thumb gently over his chest. Lindir rests his cheek against my head as he shuts his eyes holding me close to his body enjoying the moment we're having together. "We should probably head to breakfast now." Lindir says quietly after a few minutes.

Nodding into his chest I open my eyes while yawning. "Yeah, we probably should."

Lindir let's go of me and gets out of bed, so he can get to his dresser. Once he grabs his clothes he heads to the bathroom to get ready for the day. After stretching my limbs I sit up in bed and run my fingers through my hair brushing it out as I'm waiting for Lindir. He soon comes out dressed in his normal attire with his hair braided like usual with his elven circlet around his head.

"Ready?" He asks looking over at me with a kind smile.

"Yeah." I smile back while nodding.

Getting out of his bed I slip my shoes on. Leaving his chamber, Lindir grabs my hand as we walk to the dining area to have breakfast...that were already late too, but we both wanted to have the extra time together.

Kili's Pov

Eating breakfast I look over to where Thorin, Elrond, and Gandalf are sitting eating their breakfast, but I see Brynn's still not here. Where could she be? She kinda disappeared after dinner last night with that elf...well since she got here to be honest. Looking down at my food I continue eating hoping she might show up soon, before breakfast ends. While eating I see Brynn enter holding hands with Lindir? I think that's his name. Sighing I look away immediately feeling a pinching feeling in my heart seeing them hold hands. Why am I feeling this way? She's an elf...I shouldn't care for her. Her kin betrayed my uncle. Shaking the feeling off I go back to eating, but every now and then I steal glances at Brynn.

Feeling someone nudge my side I pull my gaze away from Brynn to see who nudged me. Looking to see my older brother, Fili staring at me with his brows knit together. "What?" I ask him quietly.

"You were staring too long Kili, I didn't want you to get caught." He chuckles sipping his water.

I shake my head and eat my food. "I have no idea what you're talking about." I deny his claim.

"You like her don't you?" He whispers so only I can hear.

"No, she's an elf....I already explained last night that elves are not my type......plus her kin betrayed Uncle Thorin." I explain again denying another one of Fili's claims.

"I know you little brother, and you cannot lie to me, but I will tell you this Kili, if you do end up really wanting to pursue Brynn, then I would support you all the way." He smiles at me.

I furrow my brows at his words....don't get me wrong, it makes me happy to know that he would support me, but it is also hard to understand why he would. "But why?" I ask quietly so only he can hear.

"Because you're my little brother Kili, and if being with her makes you happy then that is all that matters." He whispers with a smile.

"Thank you Fili."

He nods and goes back to drinking while talking with Dwalin and Ori about who would win a fight. I'm glad I have Fili as a brother. Smiling to myself I look back at the table Brynn is at, and see her smiling at something Lindir said. Immediately my smile disappears feeling another little pinch in my heart. I shouldn't be feeling this way, but I can't help it. She seems so kind and caring...unlike how Uncle Thorin would explained elves to us when we were little. Brynn looks over at me with her beautiful smile that reaches her eyes while pushing her hair back. Smiling back for a few seconds I look down at my plate going back to eating.

Breakfast is coming to an end which means we'll have to find stuff to do while we are staying here. I wonder how much longer Uncle Thorin will have us staying here for......since we're kinda even more in a time crunch now.

Brynn's Pov

Finishing up the rest of my breakfast it comes to an end and the elves start clearing the table for us. As the elves clean the table taking the left overs away Thorin leaves going to his company. Once Thorin is gone with the dwarves and Bilbo, I stand up and thank Lord Elrond for the delicious breakfast.

"You're welcome Lady Brynn." Lord Elrond smiles while nodding.

Smiling back I hug Lindir gently telling him I'll see him later. Leaving the room I see the dwarves making their way back to their room except Bilbo who's watching them leave. "You okay Bilbo?" I ask. Bilbo jumps hearing my voice and looks over at me. "Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you."

"No no, it's fine. How did you sleep?" He asks walking over to me. "Did you get any sleep?"

"I did, thank you for asking. How did you sleep?" I ask as we walk through the halls of Imladris together.

"Slept amazing. I felt like I was back at the Shire...well minus the occasional snoring from one of the dwarves." He chuckles.

I smile and nod. "That's good to hear, I'm very glad to hear that."

He nods as he takes in the beauty of this place. "This place is so beautiful, I remember the stories I would hear about Rivendell from my mum and her side of the family. It would always fascinate me."

"The Shire is also beautiful."

He looks up at me with slight shock in his eyes at the words. "The Shire? Really?"

I nod as we walk up the stairs. "Absolutely, it's beautiful for its simplicity, greenery of plants and vegetations."

He nods and smiles softly. "I never thought of that way."

"Probably because you see it everyday, but to me I see it as beautiful place....sometimes it's nice to just have simplicity in your life." I hum softly.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Another chapter has arrived!! Like I said previous the last few chapters are just calming chapters after having a lot of chaos. I'm starting to think Kili is slowly falling for Brynn....but Fili is a great older brother to be supportive of him in his love interest!! Please comment and vote!!