Chapter 56

"They haven't come out to help us. They're still in Erebor and I don't know why Thorin isn't allowing anyone to fight it's not like them to hide from a fight." I explain pulling away from the hug looking at Erebor in the distance.

Legolas nods looking at Erebor as well wondering the same thing as I am. "It'll be okay, Thorin will come to help." He says placing a hand on my shoulder giving a smile.

"I'm trying to believe that Legolas, but Thorin is not who he is anymore." I sigh.

"We can't worry about that now Brynn, we just need to hope that Thorin will come to his senses soon. Right now we need to worry about that." He explains while pointing to the army of Orcs coming our way.

"Let's split up." I say holding my daggers tightly. "They'll split as well."

He nods and pulls me into a tight hug rubbing my back. "Please be safe." He says pulling away.

"You too Legolas." I say and run down a path taking some Orcs with me. Putting my daggers away I pull my bow and arrow out and shoot them down as I keep running. Not noticing where I'm going I get whacked in the head by a metal pole and fall to the ground with ringing in my ears as my vision gets blurry. Groaning slightly I look around with blurriness to see a few Orcs approaching me and I try to gain my composure, but fail as I can't stand up. Right as an Orc brings his swords down on me he falls back with something in his chest and I look up to see Bard fending off the Orcs for me. "Thank you." I breathe out as he helps me up.

"You're welcome Brynn." He says with a kind smile handing me my bow back. Grabbing my bow I switch back to my daggers and split from Bard fighting off Orcs as much as possible. While more and more Orcs come I start too lose count and know I won't be able to handle them. Oh no. Tightening my grip on my daggers the Orcs stop as horns start blaring from Erebor. Smiling widely I hear howling coming from mountain and notice some of the Orcs retreating back to where Erebor is. "Way to go Thorin."

Finally the battle slowly dies out as there's none left to fight for they have retreated or been slaughtered in battle. Walking through dead bodies of men, orcs and elves I sigh sadden to see so many lives taken by the hands of Azog. Hearing my name being shouted from the distance I recognize the voice clearly. Father. Running through paths of dead bodies and not dead bodies I hear his voice get louder and louder with each step I take. "Ada! I'm here Ada!" (Father/dad) I shout when I see him coming to view.

"Brynn!" He shouts hugging me tightly when I'm in arms reach of him. "Oh my sweet child, you're okay." He breathes out.

"I am, I'm okay." I say as I hold him close.

"I was worried I couldn't find you." He says rubbing my back. Nodding into his chest I slow my breathing down glad I'm able to see father. "Legolas you're safe too." He says pulling away when he sees Legolas come into view.

"Yes I'm safe." Legolas giving father a quick hug before pulling away. "Gandalf!" Legolas shouts when Gandalf and Bilbo come over to us.

"Legolas, Legolas Greenleaf!" Gandalf smiles acknowledging Legolas.

"There is a second army! Bolg leads a force of Gundabad orcs. They are almost upon us!" Legolas tells us.

"Another army?" I ask my eyes widen as I look at father and then at Bilbo who's already worried.

"Gundabad...this was their plan all along. Azog engages our forces, then Bolg seeps in from the north." Gandalf mumbles realizing we were all fooled.

"Wha...the north...where is the north, exactly?!" Bilbo asks unsure he really wants the answer.

"Ravenhill." I answer quietly.

"Ravenhill." Gandalf answers so everyone can hear.

"Ravenhill...Thorin is up there! And Fili and Kili - they're all up there!" Bilbo shouts worried for them as am I.

Watching father leave the group I look at Legolas for a moment and then follow after father. "Father where are you going? We need to help." I explain chasing after him. "Father did you hear me?! We need to help Thorin!"

"Help? We've already helped enough! And look what it costs us!" He roars looking at the fallen elves who've given their lives. "Recall your company." He says to the commander.

"My Lord dispatch this force to Ravenhill! The dwarves are about to be overrun. Thorin must be warned." Gandalf shouts as he makes his way over to us along with Bilbo following after him.

"By all means, warn him. I have spent enough Elvish blood in defense of this accursed land. No more!" Father spits while walking away angrily.

"I'll go." Bilbo chirps in. My eyes widen looking at Bilbo knowing that's a bad idea.

"No Bilbo you can't." I say grabbing his shoulder.

"I agree with Brynn. You'll never make it." Gandalf says looking at Bilbo.

"Why not?" Bilbo asks furrowing his brows.

"Cause they will see you coming and kill you!" Gandalf explains.

"No, they won't." He insists. Raising an eyebrow I look at Bilbo wondering what he means by that and by the looks of Gandalf he's curious as well. "They won't see me."

"It's out of the question, I won't allow it!" Gandalf sternly says shaking his head.

"I'm not asking you to allow it, Gandalf." Bilbo says standing his ground before looking at me and then back at Gandalf.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Just when things were looking up there's another army coming! They just can't catch a break out right now! And thank goodness Thorin came out of hiding and decided to fight the battle with everyone else!! Please comment and vote!!