Chapter 57

Looking at Bilbo and then Gandalf I bite my inner lip and take a deep breath. "Let him go." I say.

"Are you out of your mind Brynn!? He'll be killed." Gandalf says baffled by my words.

"Maybe I am, or maybe I'm tired from everything. But Bilbo hasn't failed us before when needed to be in the dark. I think he can do it." I explain placing a hand on Bilbo's shoulder giving it a gentle squeeze.

Gandalf looks at me and then back Bilbo taking a deep breath rubbing the bridge of his nose gently. "Fine, Bilbo go and warn them. Make sure to not be seen!" He says.

Bilbo nods and leaves quickly and I look at Gandalf who looks worried for the little hobbit. "He'll be fine Gandalf, Bilbo can take care of himself." I say reassuring Gandalf before leaving to go find my father.

"Get out of my way!" I hear father shout at someone. Walking closer I quickly move out of the way as an arrow hits the ground near me. Everyone gasps and I look up to see Tauriel is the one to shoot the arrow at my father which makes me pull my daggers out.

"You try and kill my father!?" I shout walking towards her pointing my dagger at her throat while disarming her bow upset with everything Tauriel has been putting me through. "Don't lie to me Tauriel!" I seethe through gritted teeth.

"Brynn! Don't!" Legolas shouts walking over just to have father hold him back.

"The dwarves will be slaughtered!" She shouts at me disarming my dagger and uses it on me hitting the side of my face and pushing me back towards my family.

"TAURIEL!" Legolas shouts baffled by her actions as he keeps me from stumbling to the ground. "You okay Brynn?" He asks gently helping me stand.

"I'm fine." I whisper looking at Tauriel and then at father.

"Yes, they will die. Today, tomorrow, one year hence, a hundred years from now - what does it matter? They are mortal." Father explains looking at Tauriel with narrow eyes. Father is right that they will die, it hurts to know that's the truth. No one lives forever unless you are elf.

"You think your life is worth more than theirs, while there is no love in it? There is no love in you!" She screams getting in father's face.

Staying silent Legolas and I look at each other knowing very well she overstepped a line. "What do you know of love?! Nothing! What you feel for that dwarf is not real! You think it is love?! Are you ready to die for it?" Father spits breaking her bow in half with his sword while glaring at her.

"I will go with you." Legolas says letting go of me and walking over towards Tauriel. Father stares at Legolas for a moment looking between the two of them.

He calls over his commander to bring a horse and hands the reigns to Legolas. "Be safe." He whisper lowly to Legolas. Legolas nods and mounts onto his horse along with Taruiel and they ride off to Ravenhill. When we can no longer see them I look at Gandalf who came over and father biting my lip not wanting to just stay here and wait for something to happen.

"I'm going too." I say putting my daggers away.

"No you are not, you are staying down here." Father says sternly.

"No! I'm sorry father, I'm not. I'm not gonna sit here and wait to know what happens! I'm still part of that company! Both Thorin AND Bilbo need my help and I'm going to give it. I don't care if Thorin doesn't want to see me again because he thinks I betrayed him....or doesn't see me part of the company. I made promise to Thorin I'd fight for them till the end and I plan on doing exactly that! Whether you like it or not!" I explain standing my ground as I take the reigns of a passing by elf. "I'm not gonna apologize for what I'm doing father, I love you, but they need me and that's where I need to be." I say riding off towards Ravenhill as well hoping I'm not too late.

Finally arriving to Ravenhill I don't see anything and it feels quite too quite. Walking through I finally hear voices and immediately recognize Azog is the one talking. Hasting my pace I come to view seeing Azog holding Fili over the edge of where he's standing a knife in his missing arm and my eyes widen hearing him talk. He raises an arm up getting ready to end Fili's life, but I don't see Kili anywhere. Quickly pulling my bow and pulling two arrow out, I aim right for Azog's shoulder so I don't hit Fili. Jumping on top of the rock to get a clear shot, I let go of the two arrows and watch them hit Azog's shoulder making bellow in pain as he drops Fili which makes the dwarves and Bilbo look over to where the arrows came from.

"Brynn!" Dwalin shouts happily seeing it was me who saved Fili. Thorin stares at me with a small smile and nods thanking me quietly. Nodding back i look over to see Bolg coming up the stairs to see Fili and Kili both chasing after which gives me relief knowing he's okay as well. Thorin leaves going onto the ice to look for Azog. Running over to where Dwalin and Bilbo are I come to a holt when I reach them. "Am I glad to see you, Brynn." Dwalin says.

"As am I, Dwalin." I smile patting his shoulder gently as I put my bow away. "Kili and Fili are after Bolg, Legolas and Tauriel are also up here somewhere. More orcs are on the way you two need to fend them off." I say as I fix my posture and look at the two.

"Where are you going?" Dwalin and Bilbo ask as they see me leaving.

"To help Thorin, he's gonna need it." I say pulling my daggers out and jumping off the rocks and landing near the frozen water.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
I love how no matter what Thorin says about Brynn she's will always help him!! And she's a CEO of being a boss lady and stopping Azog from killing Fili!! Please comment and vote!!