Chapter 11

(A picture of Bofur and Brynn!!)

"He's right! Nothing wrong with a bit o' raw dwarf. Nice and crunchy." Troll three says picking Bombur who starts freaking out about getting eaten. 

"Uh...not...not that one, he...he's infected!" Bilbo quickly says.

"You what?" Troll one asks leaning forward slightly.

"Yeah he's got worms in his...tubes." Bilbo says somewhat questioning what he just said.

"Ooh!" Troll three squeaks while throwing Bombur on us which knocks the winds out of us making us groan slightly.

"In-in fact, they all have. They're infested with parasites, it's a terrible business, I wouldn't risk it, I really wouldn't." Bilbo shakes his head while looking at us then back at the trolls.

"Parasites? Did he say parasites?" Oin asks since he's hard of hearing.

"Yeah, we don't have parasites! You have parasites!" Kili shouts at Bilbo.

The other dwarves start yelling at Bilbo at what he said as it's not clicking with them that Bilbo is lying and trying to save them. Sighing I had enough of them not understanding, so I kick Kili as hard as I can and so does Thorin who finally realized what Bilbo is trying to do. They go quiet as Kili looks between Thorin and me until it clicks in his head as to why we did it.

"I've got parasites as big as my arm!" Oin shouts.

"Mine are the biggest parasites, I've got huge parasites!" Kili shouts loudly.

Thankfully one by one the dwarves start saying how they have so many parasites in their body.

"We're riddled!" Nori says from the spit.

"Yes, I'm riddled!" Ori shouts.

"Yes, we are, badly!" Dori says until we go silent as the first troll speaks.

"What would you have us do then? Let 'em all go?"

"Well..." Bilbo shakes his head back and forth.

"You think I don't know what you're up to. This little ferret is taking us for fools!" Troll one questions poking Bilbo backwards.

"Ferret?" Bilbo asks slightly offended.

Troll two says something, but I don't really pay attention as I see Gandalf climbing on top of the rock with his staff high above his head and boy, am I glad to see him.

"The dawn will take you all!" Gandalf shouts.

"Who's that?" Troll one asks.

"No idea." Troll two shrugs off not too worried about Gandalf which is a bad move on him.

"Can we eat him too?" Troll three asks.

Gandalf soon slams his staff into the rock splitting it into two letting light flood through the crack and landing on the trolls. The trolls scream in pain as the sun sizzles their skin causing them to start turning into stone. After a few more seconds of them screaming in pain they finally turn fully to stone.

"Ooh, get your foot out of my back!" Dwalin growls from being tied up against the other dwarves.

"Here, let me help." Kili says coming over to me to help get me out of my sack.

"Thank you." I smile softly as Kili gets on his knees to untie me from the sack.

"You're welcome." He smiles back as he helps me get out of the sack and helps me stand up.

I push my hair back as Kili hands me my daggers and bow to me.

"Thank you." I thank him again taking them and putting them in their respective spot.

"You're welcome." He says again as he goes to help the other dwarves.

Walking over to Gandalf and Thorin to see what they're talking about.

"Since when the mountain trolls venture this far south?" Thorin asks looking at Gandalf.

"Not since the dark ages." I say standing next to Gandalf who nods.

"That is right Brynn, not since a darker power ruled these lands." Gandalf says slowly looking between Thorin and me with alarm written in his eyes.

Looking over at Thorin who looks back at me knowing the three of us are thinking the same thing too which I look away folding my arms over my chest.

"They could not have moved in daylight." Gandalf says looking around.

"There must be a cave nearby." Thorin says.

Gandalf nods thinking for a moment as the rest of the dwarves come over to us along with Bilbo who I place a hand on his shoulder giving it a squeeze. "Brilliant plan Bilbo." I smile.

"Thank you Brynn."

I nod as we start following Gandalf and Thorin probably to the trolls' cave where they would stay during the daylight. Coming across the cave Gandalf enters the troll hide along with the dwarves.

"Are you coming?" Bilbo asks as he starts heading down the cave looking back at me.

I shake my head no as I lean against the rock that's near the entrance of the cave and look at Bilbo. "I'm gonna stay here."

Bilbo nods and walks the rest of way down to catch up with the group as they explore the cave. Leaning against the rock I kick at the ground with my boots shifting rocks and pebbles around until I hear something that causes me to look up my senses heightened. Pulling myself off the rock I grab my bow placing an arrow in and walk a few meters away from the rock I was leaning against listening to the world around me. Turning around slowly I survey the area as I pull the arrow back getting ready to shoot it at any moment. Hearing something I turn around I lift my bow up aiming it at my target it only to see it's Fili with eyes widen and his hands up in the air.

"Sorry Fili, I thought you were something else." I say letting my bow down.

"It's fine...as long as you don't shoot an arrow through my brain." He chuckles nervously.

I chuckle as I put the arrow back in its bag with the others. "Don't worry, I wouldn't do that." I pat his shoulder gently.

"Oh good, I'm glad to hear that." He smiles as him and I walk back to where the rest of them are circulated waiting for Gandalf to tell them where to go.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
And they survived the trolls and thanks to Bilbo's quick thinking he was able to buy them some time from getting eaten!! Please comment and vote!!