Chapter 32

I smile widely at how he talks so highly of his uncle. I can tell him and Fili both really look up to Thorin and I think it's wonderful. It makes me have some respect for Thorin, and everything he's done. Not just for his nephews and sister, but for his kin in trying to reclaim Erebor back and give them a place to finally call home again. "You two really look up to him." I say softly.

"We do, we'd do anything for him." He smiles at me.

Smiling back I let Kili lean against my shoulder as I rest my head on top of his letting a very comfortable silence comes upon us. Enjoying our silence Kili plays with the ends of my blonde hair. He twirls the strands of hair through his fingers with a small smile on his face. "Enjoying yourself Kili?" I ask quietly breaking our silence.

"Very much." He smiles more as keeps playing with my hair. "It's very soft."

Chuckling I let him play with my hair while listening to the other dwarves banter about how they need to get out of here. Meanwhile Thorin hasn't said a word since his little chat with Balin and just stares blankly at the floor while Bilbo paces around the cell before plopping on the ground sighing slightly. After some time of the dwarves bantering and arguing they go silent as footsteps can be heard from the stairs. Keeping my eyes close I continue lay my head against Kili's as I feel eyes on me. Opening my eyes slowly I shift my gaze over at the cell door to see Legolas standing there with a hard look on his face as he stares between me and Kili. "Ada, would like to speak with you." (Father/dad) He says unlocking the cell door.

Swallowing the lump that's forming in my throat, this moment I've been dreading since I arrived back in Mirkwood. Nodding slowly I stand up leaving Kili's side and walk over to the door. Legolas opens the door when I get near it and then shuts it locking it as Kili comes over to it grabbing the cell bars tightly. "Don't you dare do anything to her!" Kili says angrily.

Grabbing my arm with a firm grip he looks at Kili glaring at him. "You have no power here dwarf, so I'd keep out of business that's not yours." Legolas snarls as he pulls me away from the cell and up the stairs as the other dwarves give some kind of a worried look...including Thorin Oakenshield which surprised me, not gonna lie. Looking behind me as best as I can, I see Kili leaning against the bars of the cell having a worried expression as Legolas guides me up the stairs. I give Kili a soft smile to let him know everything will be okay and to reassure him....even if I'm not sure everything will be okay.

Leaving the dungeons Legolas still keeps his grip on my arm as we walk through the halls to wherever our father is....but I have an idea of where he could be right now. Eventually we arrive to the throne room to see the Elvenking, my father, King Thranduil, sitting on his throne waiting for Legolas to bring me to him. Legolas and I walk pass two elven guards to stand in front of father. Coming to a stop we stand in front of him making him rise up from his throne and slowly makes his way down towards us. "Ego! All of you!" (Leave) Thranduil's very deep voice says to the two guards. Nodding the guards bow and leave us in the throne room. Looking at father as he makes his way down he stares at me with his very intense blue eyes just like Legolas. Looking away I stare down at the wooden floor as I feel father's presence in front of me while Legolas moves to stand next to dad. "Brynn." Father says coldly. "Look at me." Swallowing slightly I bring my gaze up slowly to meet my father's cold piercing eyes. "You run away in the middle of the night, been gone for six months, and then come back home only for your brother to find out you're helping dwarves? Tell me daughter? How does it feel to be a traitor?" Father spits as he walks around me slowly stalking me like a predator stalks their next meal.

"You wanted to marry me to someone I don't know! That's why I left!" I say trying to keep my voice from cracking. "And I'm not a traitor! I'm doing what is asked of me." My voice falters feeling devastated he thinks I'm a traitor.

"You are a princess Brynn!" Father snaps standing in front of me getting close to my face. "Being in arranged marriage is how we form alliances!"

"But I don't want that father...I don't want to be  arranged." I whisper.

He stays quiet staring into my eyes before pulling back and taking a deep breath. "Do you think I wanted to arrange you? No, of course not Brynn. That's the last thing I would want for you...I wouldn't want to have you or Legolas be put in a marriage that wouldn't be happy." He says his voice softening, but still holding much power to it.

"Then why did you do it?"

"I didn't, I never agreed to the proposal, I told them I would think about it...even though I already knew the answer was going to be no." He explains. "I'm truly sorry, I never meant for it to sound like you would definitely be getting married." Nodding slowly I stare into his eyes that always calmed me down when I was scared or nervous which leads to a choke sound escaping my lips. "Brynn." Father whispers his eyes softening. "Oh my sweet Brynn." He says quietly with a small smile as he pushes my hair back and pulls me into an tight hug. "I've missed you so much Brynn, Legolas missed you so much. We've been so worried about you."

Hugging back tightly I can't even begin to describe how amazing it feels being hugged by dad again. "I've missed you so much, I'm sorry for running away and not hearing you out." I whisper my voice cracking as tears start falling.

He shakes his head as he strokes my hair while I keep my head rested against his chest. "You have nothing to apologize for, you reacted in a way that felt appropriate." He says kissing my head tenderly.

" He says kissing my head tenderly

(A picture of King Thranduil!!)

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
We officially meet Brynn's father! After hearing so much of him every now and then we finally meet him!! And he's the king that Thorin hates so much that didn't help Thorin when the dragon attacked!! And that's how Brynn knew the story! And Oh my god!! That means Brynn's princess! Brynn's a fucking princess! And now we finally learned why she left home, and it looks like Brynn and her father are reconciling in each other!! A positive!! Please comment and vote!!