Chapter 8

(A picture of Kili and Brynn!!)

Once everything is packed up we all get on our ponies and horses to continue on our quest. Leaving the campsite we stayed at we enter through the woods which ends up being a little bit of trouble as it's mostly mud and rocks causing the ponies and horses to stumble every now and then. Getting further into the words and our lovely wet journey the rain gets heavier and heavier with each step the animals make to the point where it's almost on possible to see the person in front of you, but thankfully we still can see the other person....just not as well as we'd like to.

Feeling the rain on continue to hit our cloaks I feel if start soaking through our clothes which isn't pleasant one bit making the dwarves complain about the rain and how it needs to stop.

"Mr. Gandalf, can't you do something about this deluge?" Dori asks while gripping the reigns of his pony tighter shivering slightly.

"It is raining, Master dwarf, and it will continue to rain until the rain is done. If you wish to change the weather of the world, you should find yourself another wizard." Gandalf answers Dori's question.

"Are there any?" Bilbo asks.

"What?" Gandalf asks.

"Other wizards." Bilbo somewhat elaborate.

Gandalf nods keeping his eyes forward. " There are five of us. The greatest of our order is Saruman the White. And then there are the two Blue Wizards... You know, I've quite forgotten their names."

"And the fifth?" He asks.

"Well that would be Radagast the Brown." Gandalf says coughing slightly.

"Is he a great wizard, or is he more like you?" Bilbo asks.

"Well, I think he is a very great wizard... in his own way. He's a gentle soul who prefers the company of animals for others. He keeps a watchful eye over the vast forest lands to the East, and a good thing too. For always evil will look to find a foothold in this world." Gandalf explains.

Bilbo nods looking at me to which I shrug and look at the wet trees that were passing until I feel eyes on me and look over to see Kili staring at me every now and then while talking to Fili. Quickly averting my gaze I stare at the reigns in my hand letting my horse continue walking behind Dwalin's pony.

"Oh thank goodness! The rain is stopping!" Dori says relieved.

The rest of the dwarves cheer as the sun starts shining on us and the ground warming us up and start drying the world around us and our clothes. Feeling the swaying motion of my horse I quickly look up ahead as I hear something up ahead. Snapping the reigns I have my horse trot pass everyone as I go ahead to see what is ahead while Thorin asks what I'm doing. Ignoring Thorin I continue riding far from the group to the point where I almost I can't see them. Slowing down the pace of my horse I slowly look around making sure I don't miss anything wondering if I'll hear anything. Minutes pass and I don't hear anything, so I start to turn around and make my way back to the company. Hearing a low growl I stop and turn my horse back around I look in the direction of the growl. Hearing it again I narrow my eyes knowing that sound very well. Warg. Widening my eyes slightly it goes silent and I hear rustling telling me the warg is retreating somewhere. This can't be good. Usually when there's one there's more not far behind

Turning my horse around I make my way back to the company to see Gandalf coming into view and everyone else too. Getting close to the company Thorin narrows his eyes at me.

"Gandalf!" I say bringing my horse up to his. "Something is following us." I inform halting my horse.

"What do you mean something is following us?" Gandalf asks as he stops his horse and the rest of the company follows Gandalf's lead by stopping their ponies.

"Something is watching us, I've been feeling eyes on us since last night." I say.

"Since last night?" Gandalf asks.

Nodding I look at Thorin then back at Gandalf. "Since we heard the Orcs' screeches last night it's been feeling like we are being watched."

Gandalf stays quiet thinking about my words carefully letting them sink in.

"That's absurd, we aren't being followed or watch." Thorin says glaring at me.

"And why's that Thorin Oakenshield?" Gandalf asks bringing his attention to him.

"Hearing the Orcs last night was normal, they're everywhere." Thorin says.

Gandalf nods slowly. "That might be very true, but elves have keen hearing and eyesight. Let's not disregard Brynn's warning. Stay on your guard everyone. If we are being watched we need to be ready." Gandalf says having his horse start walking again.

Turning my horse I bring him up to Gandalf's as everyone else follows behind us. "Do you know what is was?" Gandalf asks quietly looking at me.

"Warg." I whisper looking back at him seeing his eyes widen slightly.

"Warg?" He questions deep in thought. "Which means there is more not far behind."

"Indeed. Although, I do not know where." Nodding I take a deep breath looking ahead as Gandalf and I lead the company through the somewhat dry woods now.

"Do you know what kind of Warg it was?"

I shake my head looking back at Gandalf. "No I do not know what kind it was."

He nods and fixes his hat. "Was it just one you heard?"

"Yes, I didn't hear anymore just the one." I say looking ahead again. "But like we said Gandalf, there are going to be more of them out there. Wargs don't travel alone."

"Indeed they don't." He says puffing a ring of smoke out.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Now we know there are five wizards out there and Gandalf isn't the only one out there. Uh-oh! looks like the company is about to be in trouble by the way Brynn and Gandalf are talking. Please comment and vote!!