Chapter 31

(A picture of Legolas and Brynn!!)

Wincing slightly from how hard Legolas is holding my arm I watch as the Elves push the dwarves and Bilbo into a line while leading them through the woods. Legolas pulls me in in front of him as we walk with the elves who are in the back making sure the dwarves don't try anything. After awhile of walking Legolas's loosens his grip on my arm, but still has a good hold as we continue traveling through the woods following the elves. Arriving into a sunny clearing to see the bridge that leads into the beautiful kingdom of the Woodland Realm...I take a deep breath. Walking across the bridge to the open gates of the kingdom with an elf standing guard awaiting us. "Holo in ennyn." (Close the gates) Legolas instructs the elven guard as him and I are the last to pass through the giant gates.

Nodding the guard shuts the gates while we walk farther into the kingdom along the wood carved path that's leading us to the dungeons. Walking down the windy wooden path we make it down the dungeons and the elves shove the dwarves into their cell and shutting the door locking it. Legolas pushes me in and shuts it making sure it's locked up good and looks at me. Staring back into my brother's eyes he soon looks away, and leaves to see how the elves are doing with getting the dwarves and Bilbo in their cell. Sighing I swallow hard and sit down on the cell floor leaning against the wall with my eyes close. Hearing my cell door open I open my eyes and see the she-elf lead Kili in. Kili turns around looking up at her with a glint in his eyes. "Aren't you going to search me? I could have anything down my trousers." Kili says cheekily.

She looks at Kili with a somewhat shock look in her eyes and then shakes her head. "Or nothing." She says slamming the door shut and walks away.

Kili leans against the cell bars with a small smile playing on his lips staring at the she-elf who's talking to my brother which I don't know why it kinda hurts to see him flirting with her. Shaking my head I rest my head back against the wall as Kili looks over at me and smiles. "At least my cell mate is great." He says walking over to me. Nodding I give him a small smile and watch him as he sits next to me staring at his feet.

Kili and I just sit in silence listening to other dwarves try to break these dungeons doors, but of course they fail and keep trying which they won't succeed. "Leave it! There's no way out. This is no Orc dungeon; these are the halls of the Woodland Realm. No one leaves here but by the king's consent." Balin explains which he's right no one leaves unless the king gives permission.

Some time passes and Thorin is brought down by two Elven guards who push him harshly into the cell where Bilbo is residing in. "Did he offer you a deal?" Balin asks leaning against the door, so he can see Thorin better.

"He did. I told him he could go 'Ish kakhfê ai'd dur rugnu!' (I spit upon your grave!) him and all his kin!" Thorin shouts angrily, but I do not understand what he said in his native tongue...so I'm a little confused.

"Well...that's it, then. A deal was our only hope." Balin says in frustration at what Thorin said to the king.

The rest of the dwarves sigh knowing they will not make to Erebor in time of Durin's day now. Staring at the floor I feel Kili lean against my shoulder and I smile softly resting my head against the top of his. Listening to the dwarves asking Bilbo about his life back at the Shire, they seem interested in what he's saying. While the dwarves are listening to Bilbo I'm listening to Kili talk about his childhood growing up with Fili, and how they would always get into mischief unintentionally....which I don't entirely believe. "I remember we would steal snacks behind our mother's back a lot and she finally caught us in the act. So she would to teach us a lesson." He smiles at the remembrance.

"Did the lesson work?" I ask looking at Kili with a smile.

"A little bit, but we would go back to our troublesome ways not long after....mum would be teaching us lessons constantly. Until our mum got Uncle Thorin involved. Then the two came up with a plan to have her go missing the entire day and when we asked Uncle Thorin where she was. He would always respond with, she got taken away by Throzorlim of Darkness." He chuckles lightly.

"Throzorlim of Darkness? Who's that?" I as very intrigued.

"A dwarf that punish disobedient kids like Fili and I....it really scared us because we thought we had lost our mum and never see her again." He explains. "But it worked so well that we stopped getting into trouble because Fili and I didn't want Throzorlim taking our mum away."

Nodding I smile softly knowing Thorin must have been good uncle. "He seems like a really good uncle."

"He really is, he would do anything for us. When our father died in battled, he helped our mum out with raising us." He smiles. "Uncle Thorin has done everything to help Fili and I become the dwarves we are today. He's had such a big role in our lives....and we are forever thankful for it."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Guess this looks like the end...the dwarves, Bilbo, and Brynn are stuck in the dungeons of the Woodland and won't be getting out anytime soon no thanks to Thorin's help! Like good job Thorin Oakenshield you ruined your chances, but at least Brynn is learning about Kili's childhood I think that's cute!! Please comment and vote!!