Chapter 48

"You don't know that father! How can you say that?" I ask looking at him.

"Because his grandfather succumbed to it before the dragon came what did you think brought the dragon to Erebor."

"I don't believe you father, Thorin is so much stronger than you make him out to be and he knows what the gold did to his grandfather." I point out.

Father sighs keeping his head straight forward as we ride out of the woods of Mirkwood. "Brynn, that gold holds more sickness to it than it did when Thror ruled Erebor. That gold has been wallowing in that sickness for years....it'll be much more powerful than it was then." Nodding slowing I know he's right about the sickness being more stronger than ever and that there's a possibility that Thorin could fall into the sickness as well and I truly hope he doesn't. Coming into a clearing we see bellows of smoke still from the devastation Smaug brought to Lake-town. Seeing the remains of ashes of Lake-town I swallow the lump in my throat and look at father.

"You said they were residing in the City of Dale?" I ask quietly.

"Yes." He simply answers.

After time I watch the sun set telling us nightfall is approaching, but we did make progress. Father wants us to keep going so they'll have food and water for next day.

Riding through the nighttime I look I up the sky and see all the stars shining down us and the moonlight lighting our path. "It's beautiful." I say quietly.

"What is?" Father asks looking at me.

"The stars." I answer looking at father with a soft smile.

"Indeed they are." He says looking up at the stars.

"I remember all those nights when I couldn't sleep you and I would go to your balcony and watch the stars until I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer." I smile gently remembering those fond times. "I miss those days."

Hearing dad chuckle he looks at me with a kind smile. "I miss those days too, but they never have to be over Brynn. We're looking at the stars now and enjoying it right now are we not?"

"That is vey true I'm very much enjoying this."

"I'm glad to hear that, as am I." He nods as we arrive to the City of Dale. Father talks to his army and tells them to enter the City of Dale so they'll be surprised when they wake up which shouldn't be too long since it's almost morning and the sun should be rising shortly.

Getting off my horse I stretch my legs as they're getting a little cramped up while I'm standing in front of my horse She nudges me gently and I smile petting her snout gently as she huffs. Kissing her nose gently I look up at the sky to see the sun starting to rise over the horizon and wow it looks amazing.

Hearing dad say we're moving in to the City of Dale  to get to the bottom of this I mount myself back on my horse and trot up to father who's already riding into the city. Catching up to father we enter the city to see the elves turning as someone walks through the little path the elves. "I've heard you and your people were in need of provision." Father says getting off his Elk as the other elves come in riding in on a wagon that holds the food and drinks for them.

"Thank you King Thranduil this means so much to us." The man says bowing to father as I jump down from my horse and stand next to father.

Father nods and extends his hand out to him letting him know he accepts his words waiting for him to introduce himself.

"I'm Bard, the bowman." He says looking at me and then back at father.

"You must be the man who slayed the dragon then."

"He is the man who smite the dragon down." Another man says standing next to Bard grabbing his shoulders as looks me up and down with a slimy smile taking in my body.

"If I were you, I'd suggest you stop looking at my daughter like that unless you'd like to feel the cool sensation of blade in you." Father threatens looking at the slimy man who finally shifts his gaze to my father.

"My apologize king." He says bowing slightly but getting a slight glance at me as he bows. "She's just a beauty to look at."

"Alfred!" Bard growls jabbing his elbows into his side harshly.

"Ow! What it's true." He says fixing his posture glaring at Bard.

"Please be respectful of the king's daughter."

"Thank you Bard I appreciate that." I smile at him while nodding.

"Of course Lady...." He trials off unsure of my name.

"Brynn." I finish for him.

"Lovely name." He smiles back and looks at my father.

"Thank you." I smile softly at him as I look over at my father as well still feeling Alfred's eyes on me which sends a shiver down my spine and not in the good way.

"Please follow me, I know it's not much, but it would be an honour to have you two stay." Bard offers with a kind smile.

"Thank you, we gladly accept while you guys get situated with the provisions I have brought." Father nods as we follow Bard and Alfred farther into the city.

(A picture of Bard the Bowman!!)

(A picture of Alfred!!)

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
We have 2 new characters introduced!! I repeat 2 new characters!! I really like the one *cough* Bard *cough* as for Alfred he seems very sleazy and grimy and I can't stand him already!! Please comment and vote!! Things about to get interesting!