Chapter 2: League of Shadows

It has been the same thing for five years for Y/N in the Red Room. Wake up and have a quick breakfast before watching some kind of 'propaganda' video, but usually a cartoon, to make them be afraid of the Red Room and brainwash them. Then there was hand-to-hand training along with acrobatics, before lunch. After lunch was weapons training and tactical skills training. He always hated weapons training, because it was mainly for pistols and rifles. Then, on Fridays, before they could eat dinner two students were put up to face each other in a sparing match. Normally, the loser was killed by the winner, except when Y/N won. And he always won, but the loser would always be shot for 'losing' and Y/N would be tortured for his constant weakness and failure to kill the 'loser' he would then be sent to solitary confinement without dinner.

For the other students there were other 'classes' to make them brainwashed along with missions in the last couple of years, but not for Y/N since he had a constantly failure.

There where four things keeping Y/N from embracing their ideals.

The memory of his parents death with the feeling of a worse helplessness then any of this.

The picture that Natasha had given him when Y/N, Yelena, and her were separated. Natasha trusted him when he tried to calm her very afraid sister down and time she was scared and the three of them became friends, but nothing good lasts forever in the clutches of the Red Room.

Natasha's emerald eyes Y/N noticed to seem to always brighten up the dark.

And finally, a promise that he made to them the same day they where separated. "I promise I'll find you! We'll get out of here!" If only it was that easy.

It was just another Friday for Y/N as he was thrown into the solitary confinement cell.

But, it wasn't just a normal Friday after all when a voice said, "I often wonder at the riches to be found in dark places," Y/N heard as he turned to see a man in a suit. He had black hair, along with a goatee and mustache.

"Wasn't the whole part of solitary confinement to be 'solitary'?" Y/N asked. "Who are you?"

"There people have forgotten you as an abandoned child, Mr. Wayne," The man said as he stepped into the light so Y/N could now see him a bit better.

"Again, who are you?" Y/N asked. "You're not one of them since I've never seen another man here. Do they know your here?"

"You have a very keen eye for a man of your age. My name is merely Ducard but I speak for Ra's al Ghul a man greatly feared by the criminal underworld," The man said. "Have you heard of the name?"

"You would think for a place trying to brainwash us, they wouldn't let us have history books," Y/N said. "He's a master warrior, international mercenary, feared by all in the underworld. Some even swear he's immortal."

"He's also man who can offer you a path."

"What makes you I need a path?"

"Someone like you, the only male student in the Red Room, is only here by choice," Ducard explained.

"They took me five years ago," Y/N interrupted.

"You have been exploring the criminal fraternity in all of this, but whatever your original intentions... No, expectations that where placed upon yourself, you changed them into your own intentions and in the process find yourself truly lost."

"And what path can Ra's Al Ghul offer me?" Y/N asked.

"The path of a man who shares his hatred of evil and wishes to serve true justice."

That was the unsaid fifth thing that kept Y/N, Y/N. The sense of the injustice of the Red Room.

"The path of the League of Shadows," Ducard finished.