Chapter 45: Never Free

The man that had his hand broken by Batman was in Commissioner Bullock's officer of the GCPD with a lawyer.

"My client has yet to be charged with anything. And for good reason," The lawyer said as the robber sat in a chair next to him with a broken wrist in a cast.

"Where'd I put that stuff?" Bullock asked looking around his desk.

"Your men found no stolen money, you've got no witnesses connecting him," The lawyer continued as Bullock searched his desk. "To the robbery, and to say he suffered brutality is an understatement. Batman shattered his wrist.

"Like it's got a mind of its own," Bullock commented to himself as he then checked his suit pockets. "There it is." He pulled out a package of gum and opened it, since he was trying to quit smoking.

"I insist you drop this entire matter. immediately. My client's the victim here," The lawyer added.

"Done, Merkel, drew up relese papers for Victim here," Bullock stated as he put a piece of gum into his mouth and leaned back into his chair.

"Sir?" Merkel asked.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Now wait a second," The lawyer started as the robber stood up, only for the lawyer to make him sit again. "My client also has to be ensured of protection."

"Merkel, you heard me," Bullock stated as the man left the room to start the paper work. Bullock held the packet out to the lawyer. "Gum?"

In Wayne Manor, Alfred was giving Y/N a massage, to help the muscles from yesterday's events. The red phone started to go off, indicating that the Commissioner needed to talk to Y/N. Alfred walked to the phone and handed the landline to Y/N.

"Yes, commissioner," Y/N said picking the phone up. "You're releasing him right now? Interesting. Thank you for the update."

Y/N hung the call up and got up from the massage table.

"Natasha and myself are still the prime beneficiaries in your will, right?" Alfred joked as the two went down to the Batcave for Y/N to change into his Batsuit.

"Yes, Alfred," Y/N said. "I should call her... shouldn't I?"

"Don't ask me about relationship advice," Alfred added.

"Well... I don't think Tony or Steve would be good people to ask. Tony's... well Tony and Steve still gets nervous when he asks Yelena out," Y/N explained.

"Perhaps you're right about that," Alfred said.

"I think I'll call her soon... things need to die down a little here first for my liking."

That night the robber had gone back to the hideout where his employer hired him and remodeled. The room was painted black and a mess was starting to seep its way into it.

"Mask? Anyone here?" The robber asked as he stepped into the room.

Batman, who was standing on the side of the door that hinged, slammed the door shut making the robber gasp and turn to him.

"Black Mask had already moved on. He was smart enough to know I'd track him," Batman told the robber.

 He was smart enough to know I'd track him," Batman told the robber