Chapter 27: Better Place?

The next day Y/N was in Mr. Fox's office, talking about Lau with him.

"Our Chinese friend left town before I could tell him the deal was off," Mr. Fox said as Y/N and himself walked to the bookcase.

"You ever wanted to travel to Hong Kong?" Y/N asked.

"What's wrong with a phone call?" Fox asked as he pressed a hidden button on one of the cases. The case next to the one that had the button moved, revealing and elevator.

"I think Mr. Lau would like to know in person instead," Y/N said, as Mr. Fox pressed a button for the elevator to descend.

When it stopped, the two go off and walked into the Applied Sciences Division room. It was massive, to say the least.

"Now, for high altitude jumps, you need oxygen and stabilizers," Mr. Fox said as he lead Y/N to a part of the room. "Well, I must say, compared to your usual requests, jumping out of an airplane is pretty straightforward."

He found the case that had the oxygen tank, breaking mask, and tubing and opened it for Y/N to see.

"What about getting back into the plane?" Y/N asked.

"I'd recommend a good travel agent," Mr. Fox said.

"Without landing it," Y/N clarified.

Mr. Fox smiled as Y/N looked at him. "Now that's more like it, Mr. Wayne," He said. "The CIA had a program in the '60s for getting their people out of hot spots called 'Skyhook.' We could look into that."

"Sounds interesting," Y/N commented.

"Okay," Mr. Fox said as he motioned for Y/N to follow him. "Now..."

Mr. Fox lead Y/N to a cabinet. He opened the drawer that had the armor to the next Batsuit.

"Hardened Kevlar plates over titanium-dipped fiber for flexibility," He said as Y/N picked up a gauntlet to examine it. He then pressed something that made the fins that were usually on them pop out. They then split into two and flew off of the gauntlet, hitting a different cabinet.

Y/N placed it back down.

"Perhaps you should read the instructions first?" Mr. Fox offered.

"Not a bad idea," Y/N added.

"Now there is a trade off. Separation of the plates makes you more vulnerable to knifes and gunfire," Mr. Fox continued.

"Don't want it to be too easy," Y/N said before getting a question. "How will it hold up against dogs?"

"You talking about Chihuahuas or Rottweilers?" Mr. Fox asked. "It should do fine against cats."

Back in the Batcave, Y/N and Alfred were working on the plan to be able to bring Lau back to the States from Hong Kong. Natasha and Felicia were also there.

"I found one in Arizona," Alfred said as he took out a set of blueprints from a tube and rolled it onto the table they were working at. "A very nice man said he could have it up and running in a week, and he takes cash."

"Cash is king after all," Felicia commented.

"What about the flight crew?" Alfred asked.

"South Korean smugglers," Natasha answered. "Flies into Pyongyany, below radar."

"And getting out once I have Lau?" Y/N asked.

"We have that covered," Natasha said, looking at Felicia who nodded in agreement.

"We need an alibi," Y/N added.

"I've already set one up," Alfred said with a smile.

At the theater that was hosting the performance for the group of ballerinas that Harvey took Rachel to see that day before, a newspaper was hanging in the window. There was also a picture of a boat.