Chapter 4: Coming Home

Y/N was introduced to Jim Gordon and Phil Coulson at the S.H.I.E.L.D. base in India. He had ditched his things before going to the base that way they wouldn't know that he was trained by the Red Room and League of Shadows.

He told them a general version of his story which confirmed some details that S.H.I.E.L.D. thought. He said that he was taken the night of the North Institute being burned and the man had shot his parents. He was hostage for five years until he finally escaped. He was still in a bad place and ventured the globe for the rest of that time to finally come to peace with reality. Other than that, he did his best to answer their questions honestly.

The DNA and blood tests confirmed to them that Y/N was indeed Y/N. Once this was figured out, he was allowed to call Alfred so he could go back to Gotham.

Y/N was walking on the runway of the base to the plane that had landed a few moments ago. The steps opened and Y/N saw Alfred as he stood in the doorway.

"Master Wayne," He said in a little shock to see Y/N there.

"Alfred," Y/N greeted with a smile. "You look the exact same as I remembered."

"And you have grown into a fine young man, sir. You've been gone a long time," He said.

"Yes, I have," Y/N responded.

"Y/N?" A voice said as the head of Tony Stark peaked out from behind Alfred.

"Hey, Tony," Y/N said before looking at Alfred. "I see you got my letter the other day."

"Yes, sir. Very interesting," He said, secretly saying that he got the package with a letter inside it to let Tony know that he was back.

"Come on. It's freezing out here," Tony said as Y/N then got onto the jet.

After having the in flight chef make them cheeseburgers, as per Tony's request he fell asleep, leaving Y/N and Alfred to talk to each other.

"I never did stop hoping that you were out there. I'm sorry you had to go through all of that. No one ever should," He said. "Are you planing to come back to Gotham for good, sir?"

"I am," Y/N said. "I want to show the people their city doesn't belong to the criminals and the corrupt."

"In the depression, your father nearly bankrupted Wayne Enterprises combating poverty," Alfred said. "He believed his example could inspire the wealthy of Gotham to save their city?"

"Did it?"

"In a way..." Alfred replied. "Their murder shocked the wealthy and the powerful into action."

"Dramatics tends to shake people from their apathy. I can't do that as myself. As a man..." Y/N said. "I'm only flesh and blood. I'm human. I can be ignored or destroyed. As a symbol though, as a symbol I can be incorruptible."

"What symbol?" Alfred asked.

"Something elemental... something to strike fear into those that should feel it," Y/N replied.

"I assume that as you take on the underworld... this symbol is a persona to protect those you care about from reprisals?" Alfred asked.

"Rachel? Or Tony?" Y/N asked. "S.H.I.E.L.D. brought me up to speed a bit, and I think the invincible Iron Man over here will be okay." 

"Actually sir," Alfred said with a slight laugh. "I was thinking about myself."

Y/N smiled as he then had a question. "Have you told anyone other than Tony I'm going home?"

"I couldn't figure the legal ramifications of bringing you back from the dead," Alfred told him.

"Dead?"