Chapter 14: The Star

The Batsignal was lit over top of Gotham PD as James Gordon waited on the roof top, as he looked over the city. He turned back to the Batsignal and saw that Batman was standing there.

"What's it this time Jim?" Y/N asked.

"Riddler again," Gordon said as he handed Batman a file folder that he held under his arm. "These were taken only a few hours ago."

Opening the file Y/N saw photographs from a crime scene, another murder. The victims face was wrapped in ducked tape and written in his blood was 'No more lies.' The same phrase was written on the walls of the apartment. There was also another clue that was written on a piece of paper, with the letters from each word being cut from a newspaper or magazine to create the words of the message.

"Tick, tock, tick, tock. Time's almost up. If you have been folowing all of my clues to this point, you are close to the truth, and I'm sure you are. The game is going into overtime now and the stakes can never be higher," It read.

"This is his tenth this year, alone," Y/N said. "I have a lead on this case. It's going to be taking me out of town for a few days."

Gordon turned away from Batman. "Other than the Riddler, things have been quiet. Too quiet if you ask me, but we should be able to..." Gordon then turned back and saw that Batman was gone. "I should've known you were going to do that."

Felicia Hardy was in Washington D.C. after traveling to the U.S. capital with Alfred. Her school in Gotham had spring break for these upcoming two weeks and Y/N had some work in the city, so things worked out for her first trip out of Gotham. Y/N was coming in today after finishing things in Gotham.

The only real school work the 14 year old had to do was an essay for her high school freshman English class and History class. At least the History was just a type up page on any national monument. However the English was a five paragraph essay about the similarities and differences between two stories they have read this year so far.

She got up early this morning to go on a morning run with Steve Rogers, she was still shocked how Y/N seemed to know all of the Avengers from the Battle of New York and that he was friends with them.

She ran at her pace along with Sam Wilson, another man that was getting an early start to the day. She ran with her phone that had ear buds connected to it playing music as she ran in one ear, that way she could still hear her surroundings. The two were at the lower edge of the Tidal Basin when they hear footsteps and then Steve ran by Sam on the left.

"On your left," Steve said as he continued on his way.

The two continued to run at a steady pace as they passed in front of the Jefferson Memorial. And once again, the America Hero from World War 2 passed them.

"On your left," Steve said as he passed them again.

"Uh-huh. On my left. Got it," Sam said.

"You better not make this a thing Steve!" Felicia called out to him.