Chapter 36: Two Birds for One Bat

Thaddeus Ross had gone to a secure prison a week after Steve Rogers had escaped. This prison was off the books, unlike the Raft that housed three Avengers that broke the Accords to help Steve Rogers.

He walked to an interrogation room with a file in his hands. He knew that his men would not be able to capture the Batman, but that didn't mean that someone else could. And Ross had the right man in mind.

He opened the door as he saw the man handcuffed to the table. "What do I owe the pleasure to Thunderbolt?"  Floyd Lawton asked.

Ross sat down at the table as the door closed behind him. "I have a proposition for you," He said as he put the file onto the the table and opened it, so Lawton could see the picture of the Batman.

Lawton leaned back in his chair after seeing the picture. He knew about the Batman, who hasn't.

"What's in it for me?" Lawton asked.

"Bring him in, and I can reduce your time in here," Ross said.

Lawton smiled at the thought of getting out of the prison sooner. That way he could see his daughter again. "I'll need my gear," He commented.

"And I can get it," Ross said. "I don't care if he's alive or dead. Just take care of it."

Ross felt the vibrations of his phone, getting a text message notification. He took it out and looked at what it said.

'Romanoff. Albany train station. Getting a squad ready now,' It read.

In Gotham City the Batsignal no longer appeared in the sky at night. The GCPD took it down when Batman violated the Sokovia Accords. It hurt Gordon to do so, knowing that it was a mistake, but the order came from the Gotham Mayor.

Y/N went out on patrol each night, alone. He couldn't risk any of the kids getting captured, but he was continuing their training while using older Avengers tech to do so in the Batcave. He was also training Dick Grayson and Cindy Moon who were now living at the Manor. Felicia also changed her hair from white to black, to avoid any suspicion of her alter ego.

It has been two weeks since they fought against Tony's team. It was also a week since Y/N knew that someone was following him. Watching and waiting to strike.

He was hoping that he would be able to draw whoever it was out. Tonight.

A car pulled up to a warehouse by the docks of Gotham. Three men with guns got out of it. Two of them took out a box from the trunk and took it to the building. The third man tapped the back of the car with his fist to let the driver know to leave as the car then sped away.

The group went into the building. Getting to the main area, the two men put the box down. The third, which was the leader of the small group, flipped a switch, making the Christmas tree lights that where all over the room turn on.

One light bulb then blew out, making them all go out since it was a series circuit.

"Oh, come on," One of the men said.

The leader turned to the second man. "Frank, check the breaker," He said as he tossed him a gun.

The man named Frank then left and took out a flashlight as he got to the breaker box. He opened it and looked at the different switches. He was about to flip one of them, when someone slammed his head into the box.

The group leader and the other man heard the sound. The leader nodded and the man went forward, with the leader a few yards away.

Something broke through the floor right behind the man, and took him to the one below as the leader watched. He went to the hole and started shooting into it. He stopped a few moments afterward and stepped away from the hole. Feeling that someone was behind him, he went to strike.