Chapter 29: One Bad Day, Part 1

When Harvey's part was attacked, Police Commissioner Loeb had been killed as well. The funeral parade to honer the man was today as GCN, Gotham City News, was reporting on it and the threat of the mayor being killed next.

In the Batcave, Y/N was still analyzing the fingerprint along with Felicia as Alfred walked in.

"I've looked in all of the databases," Y/N said. "There are only four possibilities. Cross reference the addresses. Look for Parkside, looking over the parade."

There area where the Tumbler was resting shifted on a hydraulic system as a red motorcycle rose to the platform from an area under it.

"We've got one!" Felicia called out.

"Melvin White, 1502 Randolph Apartments. Aggravated assault, moved to Arkham twice," Alfred added as Y/N started the bike and then drove off from the cave.

Speeding most of the way, Y/N had made it to the apartment building as he stepped inside. Outside, the mayor was giving a speech while Gordon was making sure that the area was secure. Harvey and Rachel were also in attendance.

After a little bit of searching, Y/N had found 1502 and checked if the door was trapped after finding it unlocked before entering. Walking in, he found the apartment was empty. He the turned to where the living room would be and saw that there were eight officers that were tied up, blindfolded and gagged, with their uniformed stolen. There was also a sniper's scope on a tripod in the corner by the window.

Y/N walked over to one of the men and ripped off the tape from his mouth.

"Who's that?" The officer asked right away.

"What happened?" Y/N asked.

"They took our guns... and our uniforms," The officer replied.

Y/N then walked to the sniper's scope and noticed a timer. He looked through the scope and saw the honor guard was the only ones with weapons out, on the ground at least.

The timer dinged and the partially closed window blind opened. A guard on the other side of the road, noticed it and shot at it. Y/N was able to duck away from behind it, but no one else noticed the shooting as the honor guard was holding their 21 gun salute.

The honor guard then turned to the mayor. Gordon leapt up to protect the mayor, taking a bullet into the back.

Chaos soon happened in the street. The honor guard tired to run, but one of them was shot in the leg. Harvey got Rachel to safety before he went back. He went to the ambulance that had the honor guard member inside of it. A gunshot went out before being follow by another one as the people where in panic.

Harvey was able to make the man guarding the goon leave as Harvey took a seat. "Tell me what you know about the Joker," He asked. He then saw the name tag on the uniform:

Rachel Dawes

Harvey then noticed that the keys were still in the vehicle. He looked into the crowd, to make sure that no one was watching, before he moved to the drivers seat and drove off, with the man struggling to get out of the handcuff that kept him on the gurney.

That night, Gordon's wife was told by two officers in person that her husband was dead. She was reasonably upset as their 16 year old daughter had come to console her mother, after making sure that her 7 year old brother was in bed. Barbara and James Jr. are there names.

In the Iceberg Lounge, Maroni was having a drink with a woman he was acquainted with.

"Can't we go someplace quieter?" The woman complained. "We can't hear each other talk."