Chapter 46: But Never Finished

The Gotham news channels were going on and on about how Commissioner Bullock shot the 17-year-old Mutant. They were claiming that people were calling for him to resign from the job, but the general population knew that he was the only man for the job right now.

"More calls for Commissioner Bullock to retire after he shot and killed a 17-year-old Mutant," Lola said on the news. "The mayor had yet to announce anything and has refused to comment on the situation-"

The 'Breaking News' bulloten then went over the screen as the picture switched to a newsman that was holding a piece of paper.

"A spolesman for the Ridely Chewing Gum family has revealed that the Mutants have kidnapped Kevin Ridley, the 2-year-old heir to the Ridley fortune," The newsman said.

In a part of the city a group of three Mutants had the child, with one holding him with a phone by his head as he cried in fear. The Mutant put the phone back to his own ear.

"You ever wanna hear him again? Do like we said," The Mutant said into the landline phone. "You got one hour."

He then hung up the call and handed the body to the one female Mutant in the group. She took the boy and covered his mouth to keep him quiet.

"Oh, man," The female Mutant said as she noticed something. "The kid messed himself."

"Hold your breath," The Mutant that was on the phone told her as he loaded a heavy calibur gun. "Once we get the ransom, we flush the kid."

They heard a sound and the lock on the locked door, unlocked but didn't open. The three Mutants shot at the door, with the other two using pistols. They stopped a few moments later and the door creaked open.

A bat suddendly flew into the room as it screeched and attacked the one Mutant how has not said a word since the phone call was made.

"Get it off me. Get it off me," He yelled in terror.

"Chill, Spot. It's just a bat," The Mutant with the heavy gun told him.

The Mutant that the bat was attacking moved back to the window in the room. A Batarang smashed through the window, knocking the pistol out of his hand and then getting lodged into the wall as they saw it.

"Oh, man. It's him. Grace, keep your gun on the kid. Spot, get out of the way," The Mutant with the heavy gun ordered. He then shot his gun out of the window, at Spot and the bat. Spot was shot in the process and fell out of the window, dead.

The man stopped ad Grace went to look out of the window.

"Should have got out of the way, Spot," The Mutant commented.

An arm smashed through the wall behind the Mutant, followed by a second arm. Batman grabbed the Mutant and pulled him through the wall, holding his neck in his arm while pointing the heavy gun at Grace, who had turned around as the sudden sound. When she realized who it was, she pointed her pistol at the young boy's head.

 When she realized who it was, she pointed her pistol at the young boy's head