Chapter 50: Gotta Go Back in Time

The team was in the conference room as the plan for the time heist started. Those that were going to go back in time were in the conference room to come up with the possible locations of where and when to get each stone.

"Okay, so the how works," Steve started as he walked in front of the screens that showed the Infinity Stones on them. "Now, we gotta figure out the when and the where. Almost everyone in this room had had an encounter with at least one of the six Infinity Stones."

"Or substitute the word encounter for damn near been killed, by one of them," Tony interjected.

"Or aged by," Y/N added.

"Well, I haven't," Scott pointed out. "But I don't even know what the hell you're talking about."

"Regardless, e only have enough Pym Particles for one round-trip each," Bruce told them.

"These stones have been in a lot of places throughout history," Y/N said.

"Our history," Tony added.

"So," Y/N continued. "We just have to find a good spot to go back to, grab them, and then get back."

"Which means we've got to pick our targets," Clint finished.

"Mm-hm," Y/N hummed.

"So, let's start with the Aether," Steve said as he looked at Thor, who sat in the corner of the room. "Thor, hat do you know?"

The team looked at the God of Thunder. After a few moments he still did not respond.

 After a few moments he still did not respond

"Is he asleep?" Natasha asked.

"No, no. I'm pretty sure he's dead," Rhodey joked.

Thor eventually woke up after a few moments as he started to explain the Reality Stone as Alfred had come in to drop off some coffee for the team.

"The Aether, firstly, is not a stone," Thor started. "Someone called it a stone before... it's more of an angry sludge sort of thing... so someone's gonna need to amend that and syop saying that."

Thor continued on. He explained how the Aether had gotten inside of Jane, his ex-girlfriend who was also dusted five years ago and that she had broken up with him. Thor's explanation also led him to the topic of his mother, who had also passed away around the same time as the Aether and Dark Elves.

The room was dead quiet as Thor pasued for a moment and then sighed.

"Nothing lasts forever. The only thing that-"

"Why don't you come sit down?" Tony walked up to stop Thor's rambling.

"I'm not done yet. The only thing that is permanent in life is impermanence," Thor added.

"Awesome," Tony said with a clap of his hands. "Eggs? Breakfast?"

"No," Thor said with a slight laugh. "I'd like a Bloody Mary."