Chapter 34: New Recruits

Bucky was not the only one to escape, Steve Rogers and Sam Wilson did as well. Y/N was in the command area as Thaddeus Ross was talking to them, but Y/N was setting up a meeting with the two new interns of Wayne Enterprises and was half listening.

"I don't suppose you have any idea where they are?" Ross asked.

"We will," Tony replied as he sat in a chair. "GSG 9's got the borders covered. Recon's flying 24/7. They'll get a hit. We'll handle it."

"You don't get it, Stark. None of you do. It's not yours to handle. It's clear you can't be objective. I'm putting Special Ops on this, like I have with the Batman who was supposed to be in Gotham."

"And what will you do when the shooting starts?" Y/N asked, making them turn to him as he put away his phone. "Do you plan on killing Steve Rogers?"

"You only back the Avengers, why do you care?" Ross asked irritated that Y/N was still there.

"I don't like guns," Y/N answered. "Now answer my question."

"If we're provoked," Ross said with no hint of hesitation in his voice and tone.

Y/N chuckled softly. "You won't be killing anyone," Y/N said as he decided to not play a card he had up his sleeve quiet yet. It would be better to save it for now.

"It's not your operation, now is it Wayne?" Ross snapped back. "I thought that having you all in this would make things better, but look at what is happening. There are dead people who could be alive now. Feel free to check my math."

"Wayne's right," Tony said. "With all due respect, you're not gonna solve this with boys and bullets, Ross. You gotta let us bring them in and for Wayne to go back home."

"How will that end any differently than last time?" Ross asked.

"Because this time, I won't be wearing loafers and a silk shirt," Tony replied. 72 hours, guaranteed."

"36 hours," Ross countered as be then walked out of the room. "Barnes. Rogers. Wilson. The Bat. The Cat. If you can find the last two."

"Thank you, sir," Tony called after him. After he was gone he let out a breath and held his chest. "My left arm is numb. Is that normal?"

"You got hit by a metal arm without your suit," Y/N pointed out.

"You did too," Tony added.

"I also know how to take a punch," Y/N commented.

Natasha went up to him and placed her hand onto his shoulder. "You all right?" 

"Always," Tony said. "36 hours. Jeez."

Natasha crossed her arms and looked through the glass wall that was in the office. "We're seriously understaffed," She said.

"Oh, yeah. It'd be great if we had a Hulk right now," Tony responded. "Any shot?"

"You really think he'd be on our side?" Tony asked as Y/N looked down a little. Tony thought that Y/N was on his side since he was still there.

"As much as I would like to help, I have a meeting in a couple hours and I have to go," Y/N said.

"We can handle things for a little while," Tony responded. "You will be back, right?"

"I plan on it," Y/N said as he left the room to go to the parking lot and when no one else was around he continued. "But you're not going to like it."

Y/N was in an office room of Wayne Tower back in Gotham city. He was currently waiting for the two new interns so they could begin their meeting. He was wearing a three piece suit and jacket while looking at the papers with their information on it. He had a few questions, but he had come to a conclusion on his own about it. He was hoping that he would be changing their lives today as well as he felt the Batarang in the suit's pocket.