Chapter 13: The Game is Afoot

The team stood in front of the beaten Loki. There was no way that Tony was actually going to give him that drink that he had mention earlier in the battle.

"All right. Get him on his feet," Tony said. "We can stand around posing up a storm later."

"We are all total posers," Yelena mumbled, earning a slap on the arm from Natasha.

"It's not a pose if your doing recon," Y/N added.

"Is it?" Yelena asked.

"That Batwing is on it's way back to the Batcave, sir," Alfred said over Y/N's comms. "Once it is back I'll start packing up things here."

"Understood," Y/N said into the comm before turning to Tony. "Good thing your other super power is that your rich. Your going to need it reguarding the state of things."

"I can say the same to you from a few years back," Tony said. "You know when your burnt down your home, or whatever the paper said."

"Very funny," Y/N added.

"Who's coming for the magic stick here," Natasha said, waving it around a little.

"S.T.R.I.K.E. team's coming to secure it," Steve replied.

Right on cue, the elevator opened and Agent Sitwell walked out with Brock Rumlow and the other members of the S.T.R.I.K.E. team.

"We can take that off your hands," Sitwell said as he walked to Natasha and she handed it to him.

"By all means," She said.

"Are you going to put that in Area 51 like the Arc of the Covenant?" Yelena joking asked.

"That's a little above our paygrade," Rumlow said to her with a wink that made her visibly cringe.

"Forget I asked," She quietly said.

Y/N stood saw he watched all of this. Something was off about this group of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents. And he didn't like how Rumlow winked at Yelena. He took a glance at Steve and saw that he frowned at that interaction.

Interesting, Y/N thought. Very interesting.

Sitwell handed it to Rumlow who then placed the scepter into a case. Clint was pouring himself a drink as well.

"Careful with that thing," Natasha said to Rumlow.

"Yeah, unless you want your mind erased. And not in a fun way," Clint commented.

"We promise to be careful," Rumlow told him.

Y/N though he heard someone saw something as he turned to the side, but saw nothing there.

"On my way down to coordinate search and rescue," Steve said into his comm as he walked past the team.

Loki, still being the trickster that he is, transformed into Rogers and imitated him while being handcuffed.

"On my way down to coordinate search and rescue."