Chapter 5: What the Hell are You?

Before heading into Wayne Tower, Y/N had ordered a voice modifier, since when he saw Gordon the previous night, it looked like he was trying to recognize his voice. He also had planned out the look for his basement by using the scans that he had made the day before.

 He also had planned out the look for his basement by using the scans that he had made the day before

It was going to take a while, but he would eventually build it. He needed a very powerful computer, so while he went to Wayne Tower, he asked Alfred to start looking into something. He wanted it soon though, that way he could start tracking to find Natasha and Yelena. Right now he was focused on a parachute.

Y/N had gone to Fox's office as the man noticed Y/N and looked up. "Well, what is it today?" Fox asked. "More spelunking?"

"BASE-jumping today," Y/N said.

"BASE-jumping," Fox repeated. "Is that like parachuting?"

"Similar," Y/N said. "I guess what I'm looking for is a kind of lightweight fabric."

"You know, I think I have just the thing."

Fox brought Y/N into the back and took out a case. Opeing it, he took out a sheet of cloth. "It's called memory cloth," Fox said. "Notice anything?"

"It look normal to me," Y/N said as he spotted Fox putting on a glove. "It's light though."

"Regularly flexible, but put a current through it," Fox said as he turned the glove on. He then touched the fabric as the cloth and it popped up into a ridged shape. Y/N pushed on it with his hand, but it didn't bend. "Molecules realign, it becomes rigid."

I could back feed the Widow Bites, to also power these gloves, Y/N thought.

"Can it make any shape?" Y/N asked.

"Can be tailored to fit any structure based on a rigid skeleton."

"This too expensive for the army as well?"

"I don't think they tired to market it to the billionaire, spelunking BASE-jumping crowd."

"Mr. Fox. If you feel uncomfortable..." Y/N started.

"Mr. Wayne, if you don't want to tell me exactly what you're doing when I'm asked, I don't have to lie," Fox said. "But don't think of me as an idiot."

"Sounds fair," Y/N said with a smile as Fox smiled back. As he was then going to ask about the thing under a tarp, with two tires sticking out. "What's that?"

"The Tumbler?" Fox said as he looked at it and then back at Y/N. "Oh, you wouldn't be interested in that."

"I think I' very interested now."

"Give me a few minutes and I'll get it to the testing track," Fox said.

The sound of the Tumbler's engine over took the entire testing track. Y/N was in the driver's seat, as Mr. Fox was in the passenger's. Y/N gave it a little more gas as he looked at Fox, who smiled back while holding on for his life.