Chapter 19: The End of S.H.I.E.L.D.

While Y/N, Steve, Sam, Gordon, Hill and Nigma made their way to the S.H.I.E.L.D. headquarters with their gear, the Council members were arriving to meet with Pierce to see the launch of Project Insight. He greeted them at the entrance of the building.

"Hawley. It's good to see you," Pierce said as he saw an older man with her as the man was holding an umbrella. "And who might this gentleman be?"

"King, Chester King," The man said as he shook the hand of Pierce. "Ms. Hawley is a client of mine and informed me that you where in the market for a new suit."

"Mr. King is from a new tailor that I found, since we had this meeting today I though why not have Mr. King come along to have you measured for a new suit," Hawley added.

"We look forward to having you as a client Mr. Pierce," Mr. King said. "But first, where is the loo? This morning's coffee is starting to act up."

"Well, that happens to us all from time to time," Pierce said. "Right down the hall on our left."

"Thank you, sir," King said as he then excused himself.

"And how was your flight?" Pierce asked Hawley.

They talked a little more before they were all given a biometric tag, to have unrestricted access to the facility. They then followed Pierce to his office that was near one of the top floors.

The others had made it to the room where Gordon and Hill would guard and keep track of the progress of changing the chips. She had made the room's comm system got down for a moment as Y/N and Steve stood at the door as the other four pointed their guns at it. Someone opened it and was shocked to see the four of them.

"Excuse us," Steve said, as the man moved aside and we walked in. Luckily, none of the techs in the room had guns, as they moved aside as Steve went to the PA microphone and turned it on.

"Attention all S.H.I.E.L.D. agents, this is Steve Rogers. You've heard a lot about me over the last few days. Some of you were even ordered to hunt me down. But I think it's time you know the truth," He paused for a moment before continuing on.

"S.H.I.E.L.D. is not what we thought it was. It's been taken over by HYDRA. Alexander Pierce is their leader. The S.T.R.I.K.E. and Insight crew are H.Y.D.R.A. as well. I don't know how many more, but I know they're in the building. They could be standing right next to you. They almost have what they want. Absolute control. They shot Nick Fury. And it won't end there. If you launch those Helicarriers today, H.Y.D.R.A. will be able to kill anyone that stands in their way. Unless we stop them. I know I'm asking a lot. But the price of freedom is high. It always has been. And it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not," Steve finished.

"Did you write that down first, or was it off the top of your head?" Sam asked Steve as Y/N went over to the PA.

"You're eaten well," Y/N started. "You've eaten what S.H.I.E.L.D. was supposed to be, it's spirit, but your feast is nearly over. From this moment one, none of you are safe."

Y/N then stepped away from the PA.

"Even I got chills from that," Sam commented.

In the observation room the council was furious at this knowledge. In the main control room Rumlow and a couple of his men had arrived. He went up to a worker. "Bring up the launch sequence. Send those ships up now," He ordered. The worker turned to look at him and back at the computer. He was unsure of what to do.

"Is there a problem?" Rumlow asked. The agent made an inaudible noise as he was still unsure.

"Is there a problem?" Rumlow asked again.