Chapter 11: Attack on the Helicarrier

The four had entered the lab with Thor joining them after they got information from Loki. Fury was already there as he was in an argument with Tony and Steve.

Bruce pointed at Natasha and asked, "Did you know about this?"

"You want to think about removing yourself from this environment, Doctor?" She asked.

"I was in Calcutta. I was pretty well removed."

"Loki's manipulating you," Y/N said as he was still in his Batsuit.

"And she's been doing what exactly?" Banner asked.

"You didn't come here because I bat my eyelashes at you."

"Yes, and I'm not leaving because suddenly you get a little twitchy," Banner said as he went to a computer screen. "I'd like to know why S.H.I.E.L.D. is using the Tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction."

"Because of him," Fury said pointing at Thor.

"Me?" Thor asked, taken back.

"Really?" Yelena asked.

"Last year, Earth had a visitor from another planet who had a grudge match that leveled a small town. We learned that not only are we not alone, but we are hopelessly, hilariously, outgunned," Fury explained.

"And your saying that guns are always the answer?" Y/N asked.

"My people want nothing but peace with your planet," Thor told Fury.

"But you're not the only people out there, are you? And you're not the only threat," Fury said as he turned. "The world's filling up with people who can't be matched, that can't be controlled."

"Like you controlled the cube?" Steve asked.

"Your work with the Tesseract is what drew Loki to it and his allies," Thor told Fury, getting in his face. "It is a signal to all the realms that the Earth is ready for a higher form of war."

"A higher form?" Steve asked.

"You forced our hand! We had to come up with some-" Fury started, but was interrupted by Tony.

"Nuclear deterrent!" He said. "Because that always calms everything right down."

"Remind me again Stark how you made your fortune, Stark," Fury said to Tony.

"I'm sure if he still made weapons, Stark would be neck-deep-" Steve commented.

"Wait, wait. Hold on," Tony said. "How is this now about me?"

"I'm sorry isn't everything?"

"I thought humans were more evolved than this," Thor commented.

"Excuse me, did we come to your planet and blow stuff up?" Fury asked back.

While everyone was arguing, Y/N was thinking while still paying attention. Why would Loki let it slip that he was planning on using the Hulk to his advantage? He knew that Natasha, Yelena, and himself were going to go ask him questions.

"Are you boys really that naive?" Yelena asked.

"S.H.I.E.L.D. monitors all potential threats," Natasha said with her arms crossed.

"Captain America is a threat?" Banner asked.

"We all are."

Y/N was broken from his thoughts about Loki letting his intentions slip. "That why you needed me for extra assistance on missions, Fury?" Y/N asked. "In case you needed to lock me up? That way you could find out how to take me down?"