Chapter 49: Plans for a Time Heist

It had been two years and a couple months into the summer since Y/N had returned as Batman. During that time, Thomas and Helena had physically aged up to 16. The two were trained along with Barbara Gordon to become part of the 'Bat-Family,' as Tony Stark had coined the term. And shortly after, Y/N and Natasha got married and the same could be said for Steve and Yelena. 

With Y/N's aid, Barbara was able to move out of her shitty apartment and into a much better one, although she still did not have the life experience to be able to take care of her brother. However, she was able to quit her job and now had much more free time to spend time with him.

Currently, the Y/N was back at the Batcave while performing some chemical analysis to a sample he had come across at the Gotham docks. It didn't have any smell, but it was a neon green.

As he did so, the Batcomputer had received a holo-call from the Avenger's Compound. He answered the call, but was still focused on his current work. "Yeah?" He said.

"Oh, hi, hi! Uh, is anyone home? This is, uh, Scott Lang. We met a few years ago at the airport... in Germany?" A voice said as Y/N looked at the screen to see the live feed recording from the front gate to the compound. He saw the man standing there as he spoke to the camera with a van behind him.

Y/N looked at Natasha, who was a hologram next to him. On the computer the recording was played.

"When was this?" Y/N asked. "I thought he was gone."

"A few minutes ago," Natasha told him. "He's driving up now."

Y/N placed the materials he was using for the chemical analysis down. "I'm leaving now."

Scott Lang was muttering to himself when Y/N had arrived at the compound. While they were waiting for him, they ran a few tests to make sure that it was actually him since Scott seemingly had been dusted five years ago like everyone else.

Y/N, Natasha, and the others stood by as he paced around the office space. They could see that he was trying to make sense of everything, like they were with how he was now here.

"Scott?" Y/N asked him.

"Are you okay?" Steve added.

"Yeah," Scott replied as he rubbed his eyes. "Have any of you studied Quantum Physics?"

"Hell no," Yelena commented, making Steve give her a small smile.

"Only to make conversation," Natasha added.

"What are you getting at Scott?" Y/N asked as he was rechecking the data Thomas and Helena had gotten from Scott that proved he was him.

"All right, so... five years ago, right before... Thanos... I was in a place called the Quantum Realm. The Quantum Realm is like its own microscopic universe. To get in there, you have to be incredibly small," Scott explained to them. "Hope. She's my, um... she was my... she was supposed to pull me out. And then Thanos happened and I got stuck in there."

"I'm sorry, that must have been a very long five years," Natasha said.

"If it was five years he would be dead then," Helena pointed out.

"The human body cannot go without food or water for that long," Thomas added, as Y/N smiled at his kids.

"Yeah, but that's just it. It wasn't. For me, it was five hours," Scott said as he then continued to explain. "See, the rules of the Quantum Realm aren't like they are up here. Everything is unpredictable."

Scott then noticed a plate on the table with a half eaten sandwich. "Is that anybody's sandwich? I'm starving," He said as he then went over and took it as he ate it.