Chapter 10: Gods Among Humans

Yelena was flying the Quinjet to S.H.I.E.L.D.'s base after Steve had decided to assist them in finding the Tesseract. On the jet, was Coulson, Yelena, Steve, Y/N, and Alfred. Alfred was holding a briefcase that contained a remote Batcomputer that they would use along side with S.H.I.E.L.D.'s to track the Tesseract. Y/N also had one, which was holding his Batsuit and gear.

"Alfred told me about you yesterday, Mr. Wayne. It is nice to meet you," Steve said to Y/N after he was done talking with Coulson. After Steve left the gym yesterday, Alfred had decided to have lunch with his old friend.

"Please, Y/N is fine Cap," Y/N said. "I hope Alfred didn't say too much."

"Don't worry, your secret friend's secret is safe," Steve said. "I read about what he's doing in Gotham. He's been around for about four years?"

"Something like that," Y/N said as the Quinjet landed onto the runway and the back ramp opened up. Y/N, Alfred, Yelena, Rogers, and Coulson exited the jet as Natasha met up with them.

"Agent Romanoff. Captain Rogers," Coulson said to introduce them.

"Ma'am," Steve greeted.

"Hi," She said to the soldier before looking at Phil. "They need you on the bridge. They're starting the face-trace."

"See you there," Coulson said before leaving.

"It might be best if I go to start setting up our own computer so we can see how our progress is, sir," Alfred said, as Y/N had though of the same thing.

"Not a bad idea," Y/N said. "We already started our own trace."

"Precisely. I'll go and get them running," Alfred said, as he left.

The group of four started to walk a little. "It was quite the buzz around here finding you in the ice," Natasha said to Steve.

"We thought Phil was gonna swoon. Has he asked you to sign his trading cards of you yet?" Yelena asked.

"Trading card?" The soldier asked.

"They're a complete set," Y/N added.

"Don't you have one of his comics?" Natasha asked Y/N.

"It was my Dad's," Y/N said. "I only got to look at it once before he got it framed. He made me wear those blue rubber gloves, too."

"Ha!" Yelena laughed, as she made Steve smile a little. He then saw Doctor Bruce Banner and waved him over.

"Hi," The Doctor said, as he shook the soldier's hand. "They told me you were coming."

"Word is, you can find the Cube," Steve said.

"Is the the only word on me?"

"Only word I care about," Steve added.

"I read though some of your work, very insightful," Y/N said, as Bruce nodded in appreciation.

"It must be strange for you, all of this," Bruce said to Steve, looking at the jets. This was all new to Steve after all.

"Well, this is actually kind of familiar," Steve said, as he looked at a group of agents running.

"Once we finish up we'll get you all caught up on things," Y/N said.

"You'll just love the moon landing," Yelena commented.

"We landed on the moon?" Steve asked.

Before Bruce could say anything, Natasha interrupted them.

"Gentlemen, you might want to step inside in a minute. It's gonna get a little hard to breath," She said to them, as the Helicarrier shook a little. Agents were talking on the comms and making sure the the jets and crates were strapped down.