EIGHT , the show must go on

DESPITE THE FACT that he was shaken up so much he was nearly in tears, Demetri seemed to be fine, for the most part

DESPITE THE FACT that he was shaken up so much he was nearly in tears, Demetri seemed to be fine, for the most part. He had come over to her place the next day, once he'd checked in with the LaRussos. Injury wise, things weren't looking bad at all. Emotionally, Dylan suspected he was contemplating how the rest of his friendship with Eli was going to go.

"I'll kill him. I swear I will, Demetri," Dylan said in worry as she paced her living room. He looked back up at her in fear.

"It's Cobra Kai, Dyl. It's not him. Listen—Maybe he isn't so bad," The boy tried to defend his friend. Dylan watched him carefully. He had his arms wrapped around his chest with one of Dylan's old hoodies over his t-shirt.

It was a yellow zip up that had belonged to her father years ago.

"Demetri . . . " She trailed off, unwilling to finish her statement. She didn't want to be the one to tell him that Hawk was going down a path quickly diverging from their own.

"No! You don't get it, Dylan!" He said to her loudly. His voice was cracking. "He's my best friend! The three of us are best friends." Her eyes softened. She'd always been closer to Demetri than Eli when they were younger.

Even when it was just the three of them against the world, Demetri and Dylan had always gotten along better than Eli and Dylan. Maybe it was because even though Demetri was still a total loser to the Valley's standards, he definitely wasn't quiet when it came to his opinions. He didn't exactly stand up for himself, but he wasn't as quiet as Eli.

She and Eli had been close, sure, but she got the feeling he couldn't tell why she would ever talk to them willingly. In his eyes, Dylan was choosing not to be popular when she easily could be. Demetri accepted her presence immediately, and they could both deal with each other's snide comments. With Eli, it hadn't been as easy.

Clearly now that the boy had become hot shit all of the sudden, he was burning bridges with everyone that used to know him for who he was.

Starting with Dylan and Demetri.

"I just don't understand why he would do all of this over a yelp review." She rubbed her arms. Things were only going to escalate. "Did you tell anyone besides the Miyagi-Dos?"

"No," He answered her softly. He rubbed the cut on his forehead.

When she asked him how he got it, he'd just said that he tripped while running away from them. She wasn't so sure that was exactly what happened, but if he didn't want to tell her, she wouldn't pry.

"Are—Are they helping you? The LaRussos?" She questioned him. She hoped that even if Sam and her weren't on the same page, at least she was kind to her friend. "Here. Keep this and make sure you keep that covered." She pointed at the band-aid on his face. She handed him a box of strawberry shortcake bandages. "It's all I got," She admitted.