TWENTY TWO , 'i could use some brass knuckles'

"WHAT? DYLAN

       "WHAT? DYLAN . . . WHAT do you mean 'Does your new car have tinted windows," Sam questioned her nervously. "If this isn't important, can I just call you back when I get home. I only just left."

"Listen, I just want to borrow your car for like five minutes. It's important," Dylan tried to convince her. "It has to do with Hawk."

"Dylan, you can't even drive."

"That doesn't mean that I'm a fucking idiot when it comes to vehicles, LaRusso," She replied angrily. "Listen, your little guy, Nate, just got the shit beat out of him down the street. They took all the money for Miguel in case you were wondering." Sam gasped on the other line. "They're gonna give it all to him and say it was from them. Compliments of Cobra Kai and all that jazz," Dylan explained. "So listen very carefully when I say I have a plan for this, alright?"

"Please tell me you actually have one and you're not just making this all up as you go on," Sam whined on the other end. "I have to know there's legitimacy to this, Dylan. I'm not giving you my car for you to crash it."

"Relax, I have a plan," She said confidently.

Dylan Oakes had about one forth of a plan and half an airhead in her pocket, but it would have to do. Sam seemed to buy it at least. And that was all that mattered. Because as long as she could get Samantha LaRusso with her new black SUV, tinted windows and all on board, the rest would work out just fine. It would have to.

"Fine . . . " Sam agreed reluctantly. Dylan could have cheered. "But I'm coming with you."

"No—"

"No, Dylan!" She yelled on the other line. "You can barely drive, probably. And this is dangerous. In case things go south, and I won't be surprised if they do, you're gonna need all the help you can get," She exclaimed worriedly.

"Fine, rich girl," Dylan grumbled. Sam sighed through the phone in annoyance. "No need to be bitter. Don't crush my dreams of being a getaway driver just yet, okay? But in that case, you can drive. Just listen to what I tell you, capeesh?"

"Sure. Good enough for me. When are we doing this?" Sam asked her. Dylan could tell that she was pulling into her driveway. And she'd be in for a boatload of dog shit when she got home. After all, Dylan's phone was erupting with texts saying that Nate had come to them, beaten bloody. Not that she wasn't aware already.

"I'm biking home, but pick me up at nine. I'll have all of the supplies by then," Dylan told her, dead serious.

"Oh my god, Dylan. I can't believe this. You know, if I get dragged down for whatever scheme you're plotting, my dad's never letting me out of the house again."

"It's not like I don't have a life on the line either, Sam. Trust me, we'll be fine." The adrenaline was already kicking in. She had her phone pressed to her cheek as she pedaled the bike faster and faster.