FORTY NINE , everything she wants

SPLASHARAMA WAS THE TYPE OF PLACE where everything was chaos

SPLASHARAMA WAS THE TYPE OF PLACE where everything was chaos. Dylan's worst fear as a child was the giant bucket that dumps water every two minutes, because she'd been four years old and standing unaware underneath it. She thought she was drowning. She hadn't gone back for years. There was just something so unnatural about a huge bucket that slowly tipped gallons of water onto you.

Demetri also got ripped off there when he was eleven trying to buy popsicles for her and Eli. Not to mention there were kids everywhere at all times. An anxious child, Dylan couldn't handle it well.

"Ew. Anthony, can you not stare at my friends?" Sam's brother was staring with his mouth open, particularly at Yasmine.

"No, no, no, no. I wasn't um—uh, staring," He stuttered unconvincingly.

"He's starting high school in the fall, right? Let's torture him. Tell him later I asked if he's been working out," Yasmine teased. Sam frowned while Dylan thought it was actually a great idea.

"Ew. You guys are so gross and I want no part of this." Dylan watched as Kyler and Kenny tormented Anthony with their friends kicking him into the pool while he was enclosed inside inner tubes. Personally, she didn't see much harm in that. They could do much worse if they wanted to.

"What the hell was that?" Eli confronted them. Dylan stood up with a sigh.

"None of your business."

"Yeah? Well, I'm making it my business." Eli lightly shoved Kyler out of his face.

"Kyler, Kyler. Maybe he needs another haircut to remember who he's talking to," Kenny insulted.

"We might if you stood a bit higher off the ground," Dylan countered, pulling her shades down. "Run back to mommy and let the big kids handle this."

"You want this smoke, bitch?" Kyler had lost his cool, standing up straighter.

"What smoke? All you got is blue razz," Dylan pulled the vape from his pocket and smashed it on the ground, walking away and ignoring his curses. "Motherfuckers always ruin my afternoon," She mumbled.

"You wanna take on the champ?" Eli continued to argue.

"You're only the champ 'cause Diaz got hurt. Robby won just as many fights as you."

"Yeah, but one of those was against you. Not much of a fight . . . " Dylan rolled her eyes, finding Sam's questioning gaze from the lawn chair. She shook her head.

"I'd say it's all handled, but we both know that's a lie." Dylan played with a friendship bracelet she'd made with Iris the day before. It had little red and blue beads in it. Demetri had chosen them because they were Spider-Man's suit colors.

"The hell was that about?" Miguel asked.

"Kenny and Kyler pulled a fast one on Anthony. I don't think it was that big of a deal. He's a big boy so he can handle it, you know?" Anthony was a jackass to Kenny, so this wasn't that crazy of a consequence. "He was a bully."