FORTY FIVE , 'love, dylan'

johnny,

johnny,

miguel already wrote a letter that i'm sure you were pissed to read. sorry you've got to use your brain to read another one. it's probably best to get right into it, so i will. and just know that if my mom finds out about this, we're both dead meat. miguel's mad that i'm taking so long to write this.

i wasn't about to leave your champion in harms way all by himself, was i? you can't tell me i seem like the type to stay home and wait for him to come back. he wants to find his dad, and whether that's a good or bad thing, it's probably gonna happen. it's best to have a responsible teenager with him, you know? don't roll your eyes at me, old man. i know you are.

( he was )

don't worry lawrence, we'll be alright. i still have my brass knuckles and i bet they're actually legal here. i've got my money hidden so it doesn't get stolen. always be prepared. you know, for the trouble we're probably gonna run into. miguel always attracts that. obviously i don't. tell carmen i'll look after her son and make sure he stays in one piece. i hope she's not too worried, but i know she probably is. if it's any consolation, he's my boyfriend now, so legally i'm able to involve myself in conflicts. that's just how it works. i've broken bones before. it's my party trick.

stay safe out there. the valley might not be any safer than Mexico. and despite how much i roast you, i still care about you. whether you realize it or not. hopefully, you care about me too. which is why i'm going away for a little bit. it sucks when everybody else has some sort of parental figure in their life. even if it's complicated. love you, johnny.

i'll bring you back a souvenir. it'll be cheap . . . like you.

love,

dylan (the best neighbor ever :)

author's note —

that's the finale! i wanted the letter in its own part.

sometimes i forget dylan is a figment of my imagination and not actually a part of the show. i really thought she'd pop up to make fun of people during the latest season.

DON'T SPOIL SEASON FIVE FOR PEOPLE IN THE COMMENTS ANYWHERE!!!