TWENTY ONE , washing toyotas

THE RANDOM TEXTS FROM Johnny didn't stop coming, even through the night

THE RANDOM TEXTS FROM Johnny didn't stop coming, even through the night. It seems he'd come back from his escapade trying to find Robby with Daniel LaRusso and had decided that midnight was the best possible time to come looking for his neighbor. She hadn't even been awake to answer, and she wasn't about to go open that door for him to waltz back into her life for at least another day.

Dylan was petty.

Besides Miguel waking up, she finally got another job, even though it was going to pay her the bare minimum, if she was lucky to get that much. Demetri had already called her up saying that since she was working at Dairy Queen, she could give him free sundaes. She wasn't as enthusiastic about that idea as he was.

It was safe to say that while she'd been expecting Demetri to show up at her job, she hadn't been expecting Johnny Lawrence to come asking for her help. She supposed she shouldn't have been surprised in the slightest.

"Come on, kid, I'm just trying to patch things up," He pleaded with her, holding his hands out in exasperation. "I already have a hangover, I can't take your petty shit on top of that."

"Let me guess, you've been trying to figure out a way to talk to your son, who is unfortunately, a juvenile delinquent as of right now due to your's and Daniel LaRusso's combined brain power that still only adds up to twenty two percent?" She questioned in one breath. She placed her hands on her hips, bunching up the fabric from her apron.

Dylan moved to help an eavesdropping Iris Daley with an order of banana splits, and strawberry sundaes. She was lucky to have gotten a job working a couple shifts with someone she knew. Iris and Dylan were by no means close, but they'd become a bit closer being science lab partners as well as from the stories about when Iris and Demetri had been fourth graders who had told their teachers they were dating.

"Let me guess . . . snapbook? Is that how you guys find this stuff out so fast?" Johnny accused her as his cluelessness on technology became more and more prominent.

"Well I mean, yeah . . . people weren't particularly cool with your son after he almost killed Miguel. But he made headlines for being M.I.A. so you can best believe he made headlines when he was caught, Johnny," Dylan said as she handed a kid an oreo blizzard.

Johnny looked around, annoyed, and fished around in his pockets for something while Dylan finished trying to serve a customer.

"My mom and dad are getting divorced," The kid told her, a look of utter devastation on his face as he began to blurt out his deepest problems to an impatient Dylan Oakes.

"Tough luck, Zach. Now hand over the money," She said sternly, holding out her hand flat for the kid whose act immediately dropped. Iris cackled from the kitchen behind her. The kid, Zach, reluctantly handed her a crumpled five dollar bill in dissatisfaction.