TWENTY NINE , troublesome feelings

"I MADE OUT WITH Yasmine yesterday when you were gone," Demetri blurted out rather loudly at the Dairy Queen counter

       "I MADE OUT WITH Yasmine yesterday when you were gone," Demetri blurted out rather loudly at the Dairy Queen counter. "It was great," He sighed happily. Dylan tried to block out the mental image of her best friend and former bully sucking faces, to no avail.

"Gross," A little kid complained, grabbing a sundae from Dylan's hands.

"You're never getting a girlfriend with that attitude," Demetri tried to bit back, arguing with the boy who was no older than nine or ten.

"Girls have cooties!" The kid yelled back at him, making Dylan's headache get worse. She put a finger against her temple, closing her eyes at the relief of the pressure on her skull, if only for a moment.

"Do not!" Another kid, the boy's sister yelled at him in offense. The two siblings argued with each other when they walked out of the store. Demetri stared at them with a scowl.

"I'm never having children. I don't care what my mother says. I'm never going to change my mind and that's that," He said firmly. He looked over at his friend who was hopelessly trying to nurse herself back to health. "You seem like you're not doing well."

"That's unbelievable that you would ever think that. How did you deduce such a thing, Sherlock?" She mocked, glaring at him.

"I sense sarcasm. In a woman that could be because of many things. However, research has shown that it is most likely because of the time of the month in which—"

"You don't have to mansplain menstruation to me, Demetri," Dylan said, cutting him off before another unsuspecting customer could walk into their midfield of a conversation. "I'm perfectly capable of understanding it myself." She turned around, looking for Iris before spotting her at the drive through window with her headphones on, unable to hear the conversation. "Yasmine must love you." She rolled her eyes.

"No, she still things I'm a loser. But I'm her loser. I mean, she made out with me so that has to count for something, right?" He tried to hype himself up. Dylan just looked at him awkwardly.

"I wouldn't count on it, pal."

"Damn. Well, you can't be the one to speak about relationships because you and Miguel are literally going nowhere. He's been spending all of his time with Sam now. What happened?" Demetri asked her, suddenly getting more serious.

"Wait, wait, wait. They're hanging out again? Like, all buddy buddy?" Iris called out to the two of them, turning off her microphone for a second, hanging onto every word of the conversation.

"Yeah, Iris. Dylan misses one day of school and gets betrayed by her lover," Demtri tried to joke. He noticed Dylan's expression. If looks could kill, well . . . he'd just have to be thankful that they didn't. "That's why you're feeling like this, aren't you?"