FOURTEEN , pity party

DYLAN HAD GOTTEN the same sort of notification about a party from Moon, the host, Demetri, Miguel, Tory, and a reluctant Samantha LaRusso

       DYLAN HAD GOTTEN the same sort of notification about a party from Moon, the host, Demetri, Miguel, Tory, and a reluctant Samantha LaRusso. Her message had specifically been worded in such a way that though it was clearly Moon's idea to help everyone start to get along and her friend finally obliged, she still made sure it was as passive aggressive as it could be.

Dylan smirked when she saw it come up in her message box.

It only made sense for her to go, if only to spite her. She could bet her bottom dollar that Moon hadn't told her friend that the Cobras would be in attendance as well, and honestly, Dylan just wanted to see her reaction once they showed up.

She shoved on a pair of shorts and a t-shirt she'd had for years. It had a sketch in simple black ink of a beaver on it, and she thought there was something about it that just begged to be worn in public.

Demetri had asked if she needed a ride, but since he was car-pooling with the Miyagi-Dos, she wasn't so sure if that was such a good idea. When he doubled check to make sure she was totally fine hitching a ride with someone else, she promised him she'd find a way. She always did.

In other words, she asked Aisha if she could help her out, and the girl was happy to oblige.

"You know, we need to hang out again sometime. I've never really hung out with you one on one," Aisha turned to her. Her mom had been over the moon with finding out the Dylan and her daughter were friends. She had said something about how she'd really only had Daniel LaRusso's daughter for a while, and it was nice that she had another girl friend instead of the 'rowdy' group of guys she was usually seen with. "Sam and I used to do stuff, and I always wanted to invite you, but I guess I just never did."

"Sam didn't really know me then, anyways," Dylan said. "She didn't start paying much attention to people outside of her trio until Miguel and karate came into the picture," The girl confessed. Aisha agreed. Both of them knew that much was true.

Sure, Sam had never acted like Yasmine had, and neither had Moon, which was why it was easy to forgive and forget the part she'd played, but Sam had never been interested in things besides her little clique and trying to keep up appearances. And honestly, Dylan couldn't always blame her for that.

"Yeah. I'm just glad that things have picked up for me. I finally found something that I enjoy and friends that I can be myself around. I wish Sam would've been more chill about that though." Aisha and Dylan stepped out of the car together, waving to Mrs. Robinson and making sure that they were quick to say yes when she told them not to touch even a sip of alcohol.

"I know you're gonna ignore that," Dylan said coyly. Aisha nudged her shoulder.

"Hey, what can I say? I'm not the one paying for it." They walked up to the door, seeing Hawk already sitting on the couch with a red solo cup along with Mitch, Bert, and some other Cobras.