TWENTY EIGHT , the juvenile club

DYLAN OPENED HER FRONT door to Miguel sulking

       DYLAN OPENED HER FRONT door to Miguel sulking. She gave him a long look and a once over. He stood there cradling his hand to his chest. Upon a closer look, she noticed what looked like a bad rug burn on it, though it was most likely a mild injury he'd picked up from karate practice in the park with the rest of his team.

"What happened now?" She questioned him, eyebrows raised. She opened the door further and let him pass into her apartment. She'd gotten used to him seeing the disappointing interior.

"Eagle Fang, that's what happened." He said it like that answered all of her questions. She nodded at him. "Kreese showed up to our practice in the park. He tried to get Johnny to join up with him again. The whole thing almost turned into a brawl, especially with me and Hawk," He commented slowly.

"Don't duke it out with him yet, alright? You still have a long way to go," She reminded him. He sighed in acknowledgement. "That's not even a dig at you this time. Ice tea?" She held up a can of Arizona green tea.

"Sure. Thanks, Dylan," He told her, grabbing it from her. He looked around her apartment again. It was the same as it had looked the last handful of times he'd been there. This time, he saw the Gorillaz poster hanging on the wall in her room. He could see past the door cracked open. She had an old school boombox on her dresser. "I don't know what's going on with my mom. She still seems super weird about Johnny. I don't know why."

It was probably because Johnny and Carmen definitely liked each other more than friends did, but she wasn't about to drop that news on Miguel. As much as he appreciated Johnny and liked him, it would be weird info to digest at probably the worst time. He needed to recover before his heart stopped.

"Well, they've been like that for ages," Dylan admitted, once again grabbing some neosporin and a larger bandaid and bringing it over to him. "Do you really not have this stuff at home?"

"Eh, your apartment is closer," Miguel tried to defend himself. He had a lazy smirk on his face, and Dylan fought back the urge to smile. He looked cute like that.

"You live like, three doors down." Her voice was monotone, though he could hear the slight twang in it. He knew her well enough to pick up on the teasing. "You're really that lazy?"

"I stand by what I said, Dyl. And besides, do you want an injured boy to walk the extra fifteen feet? What if I break my back again?" His jokes were lighthearted, and Dylan wasn't the one to take it seriously like some people.

"No one gives a shit, Miguel. You can't use that excuse forever," She deadpanned with a small grin playing on pink lips. She had a tinted lip balm on that she always wore, he noticed. It made them look darker. It looked nice, but it probably wasn't the perfect time to let her know. "My declining mental health sadly doesn't get me anywhere when I use that as an excuse," She commented as she nodded slowly, one eye squinted like it was when she wanted to be dramatic. Which she always was.