i. sweet surprise

Cassandra Salvatore sat in her office with her husband, Stefan Salvatore completing their paperwork before they could leave

Cassandra Salvatore sat in her office with her husband, Stefan Salvatore completing their paperwork before they could leave. Their children lived at their new home after they used the Salvatore Residence to create the boarding school. Tonight, the Mystic Falls gang and their kids were all going to have dinner at their house. They do this occasionally, to stay connected. It worked out well since the kids were all great friends.

A knock interrupted them as Cassie replied. "Come in."

Alaric walked into the office with a nonchalant expression causing Cassie's brow to furrow. "What's wrong?"

"The Mikaelson family are returning to Mystic Falls." Alaric informed causing Stefan's head to shoot up.

"What." Stefan gasped in surprise and worry.

"They want to enrol Hope Mikaelson to the school. They have a meeting at 9:00 am tomorrow." Alaric replied, telling them the details and continued. "What are we going to do?"

"We are going to let the girl attend." Cassie responded.

"We cannot blame the girl for their families' actions." Stefan agreed, nodding his head.

Alaric sighed. "I'll handle the tour and is it fine if you can deal with the paperwork."

"Of course, Alaric." Cassie replied rolling her eyes, knowing Alaric hates doing the paperwork.

"I'm guessing we will tell the kids at dinner." Stefan said, packing up his stuff.

"I'll be late because I have to prepare for tomorrow." Alaric informed.

________

Cassie and Stefan were at their dinner table as they tried to find a way to tell the news to everyone. Cassie kept moving around uncomfortably.

"Spit it out." Bonnie said, noticing how the girl had something to say.

"The Mikaelson's are moving back, and they want to enrol Hope in our school." Cassie blurted out then slapped her hand to her face covering her mouth. Stefan scolded her as everyone's attention diverted to her, and they start speaking loudly and protesting.

"Wait till Care hears about this." Elena muttered, knowing the blonde would have the most dramatic reaction. Caroline was currently in Europe meeting covens and asking them how to stop the merge.

"Guys, guys." Cassie grabbed everyone's attention. "The girl had nothing to do with what her parents did."

"But." Atlas protested but became quiet once he received a stern look from his mom, Elena.

"That doesn't mean we have to be nice to them, right?" Lizzie asked with an annoyed expression. "Like there is no way I'm being nice to the werewolf slut."

Some of the children quietly laughed at her choice of words while Damon snorted and discreetly gave her a high five.

"You're going to be nice to all of them, okay?" Cassie reminded sternly to which they groan but they agreed.

"I'm coming to school tomorrow." Damon informed.

"No, you're not." Stefan said, knowing he wanted to be there for the drama that unfolded.

"He's coming to teach the vampires with me." Enzo interjected, helping him with the excuse.

"Aunt Cassie, do we have to go to school tomorrow?" Eleanora asked, making the children's ears perk up in interest.

"Yes. Honey, you've asked the same question since you were 10 and the answer has been the same." Cassie reminded.

"Alright, lesson learned. Mom, Alora looks tired, I'm going to take her upstairs and put her to sleep." Eleanora told her mother, Bonnie, as she held her tired sister.

"I'll help you." Nate said, standing up from his seat on the table and walking upstairs.

"Okay, sweetheart, we're staying the night here, so you can go to sleep if you want as well."

"No funny business." Enzo yelled out, as he glared at Nate's back.

Eleanora had been dating for two years now. Growing up they both had feelings for each other but never admitted it. However, with a little push of encouragement from Lizzie and Evelyn, they confessed their feelings.

"They're so cute." Elena sighed.

"No, they aren't." Enzo objected with a snarl.

"Enzo, it's been two years." Bonnie said.

"She's still my little girl." Enzo replied. "At least, I still have Alora."

"I told you to keep him away from her. Look what happened now that you didn't listen to me." Damon responded.

"Uncle Damon weren't you the one who told me to tell Norie I liked her." Nate yelled, which everyone heard. Enzo's head shot up and he glared at Damon. Damon looked up and Enzo chased him around the house.

Everyone laughed at their actions.

All the kids went to sleep, and the parents sat down on the couch drinking bourbon.

Elena sighed and informed the group. "Jeremy found some hunters and they know about Eleanora and her existence. However, Jer killed them but there is a chance that some people know about her."

Bonnie gasped as Damon spoke trying to calm her nerves. "We'll kill them before they get a chance to even see her."

"I'm so scared." Bonnie replied, sadly. "I don't want her to get hurt."

"None of us do Bonnie. She is like a daughter to all of us. We won't let anything happen to her." Cassie reminded.

"We have a school filled with supernatural creatures to help." Stefan said, trying to ease Bonnie and Enzo's worry.

"It's going to be fine." Enzo reassured his wife. "How are we going to deal with the Mikaelson's?"

"We're not going to do anything." Cassie said. "They want to enrol their daughter so she can be around kids like her. Other than that, we aren't going to anything."

"What if they attack us?" Damon retorts.

"They'll only attack if we give them a reason to." Stefan said giving his brother a pointed look, knowing he always stirs up some drama.

"We just need to be careful." Bonnie commented. "We are going to live in peace and harmony as we watch our children grow."

"We need to put it in the past." Elena remarked.

Damon looked at her with wide eyes. "They killed Jenna and many more."

"Jenna is happy, Damon. She has found peace." Elena reminded. "We'll make everything clear like no hurting the locals and all.

"Are you nervous, Cassie?" Bonnie asked her friend.

"I've moved on with my life and am happy. I have everything I need." Cassie replied looking into Stefan's eyes.

"Really." Damon and Enzo sarcastically mused as they rolled their eyes.

"I really think they are brothers instead of Stefan and Damon." Bonnie muttered to Elena, looking at Enzo and Damon.